DV's Philosophy

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

Postby Wynn on Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:01 pm

You can measure acceleration with today's technology. It's a simple matter of measuring the redshift on the light we see. It is a measured fact that it is accelerating. Yes, it goes against the current theories of science.. it is a mystery why this is happening. But there is a lot we don't know. For example, what is dark matter? How does it affect physics? Does it even exist?
Wynn

Postby MFalcon on Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:06 pm

Wynn quit trying to hi-jack the god damn thread you fucker.
:)

Back to time..

I think that GMT would be used merely as a starting point for the clocks in space to use and keep track of workshift changes for those on a colony or on a ship/space station. They would eventually form thier own time table for the planet they are on. Infact, space vehicles travelling at greater and greater speed would have to actually keep thier clocks actively syncronized with computers because time dilation will slow thier clock down as they go faster. The computer would have to calibrate the movement of the clock with the actual acceleration of the space vehicle.

Fun thoughts.
MFalcon

Postby Wynn on Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:47 am

Excuse me for trying to talk about something interesting. Who the fuk cares what time zone you use.
Wynn

Postby DarkViruz on Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:09 pm

I do, I might be able to drink and get drunk legally a day earlier in canada...I thought that was important.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Previous

Return to General Discussion