World War II Online (revisited once more)

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

World War II Online (revisited once more)

Postby MFalcon on Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:09 am

I figured I would give this one more whirl since its been six months and they had a free 7-day trial.

This game hasn't changed too much. The graphics are better, there are newer vehicles, and there is a training server but past that this is about the same product I had tried out in November of 2002.

The flight modeling is still especially bad with the planes flying very "light" compared to other games. By "light" I mean they turn way too easily, the player suffers from redouts/blackouts very easily, and you can still climb and dive at unrealistic rates. Oh and its very easy to get to 20,000 feet in a matter of 1 to 2 minutes real time, which is total bullshit. I doubt the developer will change much in the aircraft since they are designed more as a support tool and not as a premier dogfighter or capture utility. IE: You have no paratrooper drop planes or heavy bombers. Your simply flying in a tin can to take out tanks and get into a dogfight with some other asshole who can barely follow you and vice versa.

The game doesn't sport a padlock view, which severely kills the ability for a pilot to dogfight, nor does it have a HUD view for speed, altitude, or fuel. So unless you like to try flipping through all the views while dogfighting OR you enjoy looking at fucked up gauges (some don't work yet) then the flight sim part of this game is still shot to shit. The rest of the game is "ok" as I think it was originally designed with vehicles in mind.

Verdict: STILL LAME AND NOT WORTH PAYING FOR!
MFalcon

Postby MFalcon on Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:29 pm

Oh yea.. I almost forgot to add that they havn't added structural damage to the aircraft so you can take about 90 hits so long as it hits no components. By components I mean the flaps, aireleons, elevators, your pilot, or your engine. Holes through the wing.. through the fusalage... or even through the cockpit.. and it won't do a damn bit of good. I think I'd give this title yet another year to start to look decent.

But if your into tank warfare with infantry support.. THIS!! is the game for you.
MFalcon

Postby Monster on Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:27 pm

WW2 ONLINE DIE!!!
Monster
Site Admin

Postby PlaybaLL on Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:35 pm

omfg this game is hella fun!!! just keep making logins with other emails ;) my friend plays it logan aka golden from nox!! well its fun but to bad i only got 1 kill ever in the game i been playing for 3 weeks!!! i get 4 fraames :( which sucks but the game is hella fun.. but not for my comptuer :(

as of right now. i will not buy the game.. cause of my computer :(
PlaybaLL

Return to General Discussion