SWG is official

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

SWG is official

Postby Monster on Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:49 pm

We've decided to get SWG. I'm placing my preorder at Gamestop tonight. I guarantee that you guys will not be jaded toward the game like Wynn and I are :). I don't think we'll stay jaded, we just need to adjust to the changes. This game will be fun and new content will be constantly added. Vehicles, rideables, and self-sufficient player made towns are all promised soon. And like I said in my other post, an early start guarantees getting the name you want and the real estate for our town. Don't forget the first month is free!
Last edited by Monster on Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby RGDelta on Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:17 pm

BTW I will be the resident Crafter I will have 2 accounts so 2 chars my first Char Ledeanna will be a Artisan/Architect/Droid Engy and my 2nd Char Belekane will be a Artisan/Weaponsmith/Tailor so basically I will be covering Clothes, Weapons, Structures and Droids only thing missing is an armorsmith.
RGDelta

Postby Wynn on Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:40 pm

BTW, an armorsmith can become very rich if they start right away.

I just preordered from EBX, because Gamestop was only letting you preorder the special edition. Bah!
Wynn

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:18 pm

buwhaha. A month from now you will be here complaining about the 12 year olds and how the company doesnt support the game to your needs, sound familure?
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby RGDelta on Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:09 pm

Heh I preordered my copies early in the month from ebgames.com :-P with next day shipping so I should have mine at about 10am MST on the 26th :-P
RGDelta

Postby MFalcon on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:56 am

Well I am in then. I will cover the armor smithing and give me some recommendations on what else we need crafted or what else I should choose for helping my armor crafting. You guys know more about this game then I do and I will also pickup a prima strat guide since they can give you maps and basic char information.

I know in UO the armor smith had to have mining, same thing here? Oh well, give me an update on what else to choose. I will probably pick this title up at work since i can get a discount.

:)
MFalcon

Postby Monster on Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:38 am

Yeah, "mining" is called "surveying" in this game. It's easier than mining in UO. Also you can max out surveying in a day last I heard.

If all you make is armor then you could probably pick up combat skills too!
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:47 am

BTW, we need to decide which server to play on. I'll decide on the 26th which one we should start on. We can always play on 2 servers if we want, but we need to choose a "main" server where we spend most of our time (you are allowed only one character per server. I know. It's stupid).

Also, plan on our clan being Empire aligned. Imperials just have way cooler faction rewards than Rebels (Stormtroopers, Stormtrooper armour, Dark Troopers, AT-ST's, etc) and we plan on building our town behind Theed, which is an Empire-aligned town. You definitely don't want to be a Rebel in Theed.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby MFalcon on Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:19 am

Sounds good. I'd opt for a west coast server since yourself, Wynn, Delta, and I are all clustered around that region of the US. Also, if they have combat/non-combat servers.. please choose a PVP allowed server. I think we'd all get pretty bored otherwise.

:)

Sounds good overall man.
MFalcon

Postby Wynn on Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:48 am

Armorsmiths will need the assistance of a Scout, a Tailor, and an Architect. You can buy things off these chars or you can be one yourself, but remember you have a limited number of slots to allocate to skills/professions. (You can always change your mind by surrendering a skill, but you lose the xp you gained in that route.) Anyway, Scouts will get you bone to make your first type of armor. Tailors make [reinforced] fiberplast panels, which you will use to make the higher types of armor. Architects can hook you up with a factory, which is needed to make the best armor. Maybe we will have a clan factory that you can share with RGDelta... I believe it has to be placed in a player-owned building, which of course only Architects can build too.
Wynn

Postby RGDelta on Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:18 am

Like I said I will be having an architect and tailor so I can end up hooking you guys up on that :-)
RGDelta

Postby RGDelta on Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:30 am

Here is how my chars are planned out Ledeanna when done will be Master Artisan/Master Architect/Master Droid Engy/Merchant (some Merchant skills) Belekane when done will be Master Artisan/Master Tailor/Master Weaponsmith/Merchant (Same as Ledeanna on Merchant). So basically we definatly need a scout since I will need Hides for Furniture and alot of Clothing.
RGDelta

Postby RGDelta on Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:31 am

BTW any other member of the Clan that will be doing crafting I will give permissions to use factories I build :-)
RGDelta

Postby RGDelta on Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:32 am

All servers are PVP enabled :-)
RGDelta

Postby Monster on Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:01 pm

And I'll be a scout for sure, at least at first. Otherwise you don't get crap off of animals (loot wise).
Monster
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion