I am in SWG now

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

I am in SWG now

Postby MFalcon on Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:14 am

Well I made a temp character last night called "Surocai Stevenson" but didn't realize that this game doesn't add the last name and that kind of pisses me off. So I am creating a new character with the same profession and all that shit a little later today. I will be back online around 7pm tonight and I will update you guys with an in-game email and a post to this same thread with my new name.

I am still going to be an artisan aiming for the elite profession of armorsmith.
MFalcon

Postby MFalcon on Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:08 pm

Well I made my new "keeper" artisan.

She is named *drum roll please* 'Martha'Focker Al'night'

Hehehe I already had some guy come up and say, "You won't be able to keep that stupid name." Heheh awww gee golly Fons.. thats a fucking shame. I bet I can since its not really too sexually explicit and even if I do get busted, they better just change the name because if they bust me down after building up my char.. ehehe.. *waves and begins to sing*

"Good bye cruel world... I'm leaving today... good bye... good bye... good bye." -Pink Floyd

Hehhehe gotta love that song.
MFalcon

Postby Monster on Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:48 pm

Damn that name sucks. Not only because it's stupid, but because it's long and will be a pain to send tells to.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby MFalcon on Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:32 pm

Haahhaah, well I don't know if there is a way to shorten it. I would knock off the last part and just have the last name be Focker. Besides, we should make a group channel for clan chat anyhow it would be a helluva lot easier to keep track of whose saying what and it wouldn't require /tell all the time.

I just finished learning all of the surveying and engineering in the Artisan tree, I will work on armorsmithing next, which looks like it will be a very long road.
MFalcon

Postby Monster on Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:43 pm

Why didn't you just name yourself Focker anyway? That's an acceptable name. After all, it was a WW2 plane.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby MFalcon on Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:27 pm

Well I had to push the limits *shrug* but if someone complains I am sure the GM just changes the name. I would doubt they would delete someone's character making them start completely from scratch, if they did that I'd complain to both Sony and Lucas since even UO has Gamemasters that can change names for players.
MFalcon

Postby MFalcon on Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:59 am

**ARMORSMITHING UPDATE**

This profession has got to be THE MOST interdependent skill in the fucking game. An armorsmith must be well versed in both armosmithing AND tailoring. Thats something that the fucking book did not tell you. From tailors you will need synthetic cloth (Novice Tailors) for the lower armors and reinforced fiber panels (Novice Tailors with training in Field Wear II). Thats just from what I have heard so far from some of the guys training in this profession. Did I mention that you ALSO need bone and hides from other players, unless of course you are willing to throw yourself into the frey and gain some combat skills to get them.

Now.. lets re-assess the situation with armorsmiths. You require tailors or tailoring and you will also need bones/hides for armor.

This has made me think twice about pursuing this profession. I think I might just pursue Weaponsmithing and specialize in something combat related. This way I can join you guys in battle and make yourselves and myself all the heavy weapons we need. I will work primarily on weaponsmithing first then move towards whatever I decide.

I think anyone in this clan involved in this game who is actively pursuing tailoring.. it is up to you.. no.. lemme rephrase that.. it is your duty to become an armorsmith. Because I am not. Thats too much work and grinding and it wouldn't be fun enough for me. *grin*
MFalcon

Postby RGDelta on Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:39 am

We told you that from the beggining falcon look at our posts well anyway that is OK I have a 3rd char that I will be going for Armorsmith and Bioengy anyway heh his name is Grayyshk
RGDelta

Postby Wynn on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:04 am

Cool maybe your BE can build me a bighuge pet
Wynn

Postby RGDelta on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:40 am

BTW I am taking a break from SWG today for a while might be on later tonight
RGDelta

Postby RGDelta on Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:59 pm

Wynn wrote:Cool maybe your BE can build me a bighuge pet

Maybe once I really raise that Char :-P but I think I will do bio engy before weaponsmith just to see what it is like heh
RGDelta

Postby MFalcon on Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:51 pm

Hey man maybe you guys like being fully interdependent on other players or on others in this clan but I don't. I have rarely seen anyone later last week, this weekend, or this week so far except Hado and Kelek and some of Wynn who have been playing. Monster I understand was out, but if we are going to work together on building up our characters.. ahah.. I havn't seen it.

I am also not throwing another 42 bucks at this game AND another 15 a month to simply have another character to help myself. I am also not going to throw away the other half of my current character to simply complement armorsmithing. I want to be able to join this clan in battle and having a purely artisan char isn't going to allow that. I never remember reading anyone posting that the person pursueing armorsmithing will REQUIRE tailoring and be completely useless in battle as a result. That seems rediculous.

I still deem this game under a 30-day policy because with the current changes in the last patch it is making it increasingly harder for crafters to make a profit and keep thier head above water when starting out. I don't plan to play this more than 3 to 4 hours a day and I would like to see improvements when I play. If this turns out to be a game of macroing or constant rinse & repeat gameplay I won't stay. That shit is boring. If you guys can hack that.. your welcome to it. There are still other games that are coming out, along with other MMOs, that I would gladly play over a game that requires that. I will play the full 30 and see what I think then.
MFalcon

Postby RGDelta on Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:18 pm

I understand Falcon btw this is quoted from Wynn from the SWG is official thread
Armorsmiths will need the assistance of a Scout, a Tailor, and an Architect. You can buy things off these chars or you can be one yourself, but remember you have a limited number of slots to allocate to skills/professions. (You can always change your mind by surrendering a skill, but you lose the xp you gained in that route.) Anyway, Scouts will get you bone to make your first type of armor. Tailors make [reinforced] fiberplast panels, which you will use to make the higher types of armor. Architects can hook you up with a factory, which is needed to make the best armor. Maybe we will have a clan factory that you can share with RGDelta... I believe it has to be placed in a player-owned building, which of course only Architects can build too.

From the beginning the devs wanted interdependence to have a player run economy work well but unfortunatly they have "decided" it be forced interdependence.
RGDelta

Postby Monster on Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:11 pm

I totally agree with you MFalcon. This game is not the same game it was even 3 weeks ago. It's totally different.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:33 pm

I don't get it. Why not just buy the pieces you need from another player or the bazaar? If you sell what you make then you still make a profit.

It's true that the interdependence was designed from the start. I warned you ahead of time. What has surprised you?
Wynn

Next

Return to General Discussion