Heroes of Might and Magic V open beta starts tomorrow

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

Postby Monster on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:57 am

I played once and I couldn't even figure out how to play. How do I hire more units? I don't know. The interface is awful. Plus the game itself was extremely slow and boring. I don't know why anyone would not enable the simultaneous turns option. As far as I could tell, all you could do was stare at your screen while it was someone else's turn.

When it comes out I'm sure I'll "get" a copy and check it out then. This beta is a joke.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:58 am

Ohhhh, I "get" it. :twisted:
Wynn

Postby Stix on Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:49 pm

Monster wrote:I played once and I couldn't even figure out how to play. How do I hire more units? I don't know. The interface is awful. Plus the game itself was extremely slow and boring. I don't know why anyone would not enable the simultaneous turns option. As far as I could tell, all you could do was stare at your screen while it was someone else's turn.

When it comes out I'm sure I'll "get" a copy and check it out then. This beta is a joke.

Yeah, I tried not to join games that were not simultaneous or games that had a two-minute turn limit. When it wasn't simultaneous, I'd just alt-tab and surf the net while I waited (the task button flashes when it's your turn). As far as hiring units, you do so from the city interface (double-click the city, then click the hire creature button). The interface is surely clumsy and confusing for a first-time HOMMer. Especially if you'd never played HOMMIII (V is similar to III, in many regards).
Stix

Postby Stix on Tue May 02, 2006 4:16 am

The beta was very much a headache, to say the least, but the demo has many redeeming qualities in it. That said, however, HOMMV is basically HOMMIII with updated graphics, so I won't be buying it.
Stix

Postby Monster on Tue May 02, 2006 9:08 am

The last HOMM I played was I think the second one, so that's not too big of a deal for me. Haven't tried the demo yet though.
Monster
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion