Give us a break, Sony.

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

Give us a break, Sony.

Postby Monster on Tue May 09, 2006 6:13 am

Sony dropped the boomerang (which we already knew) and they finally revealed their "new" design:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/08/the-r ... -revealed/

Oh well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? Well, I'd say it is a little broke. When the dual shock first came out, it was good. Now it's just dated. Compare it with the 360 controller... the 360 controller is beautifully engineered and fits perfectly in your hands... it's definitely my favorite controller. And they STILL have that worthless segmented directional pad! Playing fighting games with those is like pulling teeth. Sony rehashing their old controller is just a joke. It's still better than the boomerang crap they came up with, though.

The worst thing about this new controller though is the fact that they threw in some tilt sensitivity to try and compete with the Wiiiiiii. Sony has no shame at all. Everyone knows they threw this together at the last minute to "show off" at E3.

Is there no one left at Sony with a sense of design or engineering? Get 10 gamers together and have them design a controller. It would take a couple of days and they would come up with something much better than this design.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Tue May 09, 2006 10:37 am

Haha, what a joke. Yeah we knew the boomerang and everything they showed a year ago was a "concept" (i.e. made up garbage to feed the suckers who will believe them). Now, wtf? They just reuse the same thing as before? This is a mistake. It doesn't project innovation. It projects safe. Maybe they spent all their budget on blu-ray and developing a half-assed online strategy and couldn't put much work into the form factor (xbox 1's mistake).
Wynn

Postby Wynn on Tue May 09, 2006 11:05 am

Also, not a big surprise, but pretty much all the specs they spewed out a year ago have been reduced.

From http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/2006/05/ps3-lie-watch-evidence-updated.html
Wynn

Postby DarkViruz on Tue May 09, 2006 1:46 pm

I dont know if you guys watched the press conference. But it was a joke. I actually went from a 'planned to buy a ps3' to 'buying a revolution' within 24 hours. People were actually laughing towards the end of the sony conference when they were supposed to be clapping.

Press conference disaster for Sony and a magnificent one for Nintendo.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Wed May 10, 2006 6:48 am

Hahaha! Laughing? That's awesome! I did hear that the crowd went silent when they announced their new "revolutionary" idea of adding tilt sensing.

But they want $599 for their console? Are they retarded? It looks like Sony has already lost the next gen war, and it looks like developers may agree. I just read today that the next GTA will hit the 360 first. Sony is going down, and I think it's funny... I can't believe how stupid they are!

This may be the first time in a long time where I don't own all the consoles. I just hope Squenix gets a clue and jumps ship so I definitely don't need to buy one. This whole deal has even made me drop support for Blu-Ray. They're willing to kill the Playstation for their stupid pet project. Screw them. The PS3 is just like the PSP, designed to push their stupid formats. They obviously don't care too much about gamers.

As for the Wii, I always planned on buying it, but I'm starting to get worked up about it. It just seems like such a cool system and you know it won't be more than $300.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Wed May 10, 2006 11:17 am

Actually I believe GTA4 will be released same day for both Xbox 360 and PS3. The Xbox 360 will have exclusive downloadable "episodic" content, though, so if you own both consoles the 360 version is the obvious choice.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Wed May 10, 2006 1:10 pm

In any case, it won't be exclusive to the PS3 on launch day, which is a big plus. I hope other developers follow suit.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Fri May 12, 2006 1:25 pm

Haha. So like... Sony announced they don't have rumble any more but instead have this tilt motion sensor technology in their controllers. Apparently even people from the largest game publisher had no idea that was coming. PS3 motion sensors were a surprise to Electronic Arts at the E3 press conference. I guess this means no 3rd party launch titles will truly take advantage of it?

http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/EA_R&D_Confirms_PS3_Sensors_Were_An_Unknown_Before_Sony_Conference_9944_0_0.htm
Wynn

Postby Monster on Fri May 12, 2006 5:13 pm

The only people that knew about the technology were the guys that made the Warhawk (?) demo, and I guess they only found out two weeks before E3. From what I heard, the guy demoing the technology wasn't able to control it very well either.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Sat May 13, 2006 11:21 am

Really? Wow. Just wow. It's like it is dawning on Sony that when Blu-Ray dies off, they will no longer have a gaming product. And now they aren't even trying any more.

Nintendo has gotten beat down to almost nothing, but they focus on the core gaming products and actually have a respectable offering. Sony is blindly leaping over a cliff and hoping that flapping its arms will make it fly.
Wynn

Postby Wynn on Mon May 22, 2006 5:47 pm

This is actually pretty lame. If you want to skip it, you wont be missing anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wzmf0ChL24

I just think it's funny how there's all this Sony hatin' going on these days.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Tue May 23, 2006 5:21 am

I can't watch it at work anyway. ?!@#@?? WebSense.
Monster
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion