C&C3 HD trailer.

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

C&C3 HD trailer.

Postby -Xanath- on Tue May 16, 2006 11:33 pm

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/823/823989/vids_1.html

Somehow, I just don't understand this video.

Beautiful day! Birds chirping, sun shining - oh, what's that? HOLY CRIZAP, ROCKETS RANDOMLY LANDING ON NOTHING! MOBILIZE FOR WAR! SEND THE TANKS, SCRAMBLE THE ORCAS! FLY OVER THE OCEAN! Wait, the tanks are already there?! OH NOES, we sent our orcas the scenic route! Ruh roh, MISSILES DETECTED!!11!ONE!!1SHIFT-ONE!!1! THE BASE WE SEE ON A GIGANTIC SATELLITE OVERLAY MUST BE DESTROYED NOW, BEFORE THE OUTSKIRTS OF OUR BASE ARE BOMBARDED AT RANDOM AGAIN!!

... intermixed with adrenaline-pumping music in what turns out to be a total let-down! I really don't understand the marketing there - then again, EA does have their hand in this.
-Xanath-

Postby Hado on Wed May 17, 2006 1:00 am

They already killed off Westwood.. can't believe they're still trying to milk this dead cow.

10+ year old music ripped from the CnC soundtrack?

For fuck's sake it looks like they're using the Renegade engine with updated models for the cinematics.

I hope EA implodes.
Hado

Postby DarkViruz on Wed May 17, 2006 4:34 am

I always have faith in the tiberium story..hell i was a fanboy of tiberian sun and firestorm when everyone and their mothers bashed it.

Anywho, this one can be done well but there's a lot of unanswered questions. When asked if the same actor (who got fire) Joe Kucan, would play Kane, they simply answer that Kane will be back but we ahvent done casting yet...well like wtf? Apparently there was a much more impressive trailer shown at e3 where after ingame shots they zoom out to the Earth and it says "and then....they came"

So I guess we'll have aliens now, but everyone has posted positive news on CnC3 so far (in terms of the 'big' sites).
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Return to General Discussion