Prey demo

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

Prey demo

Postby Hado on Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:42 am

Hado

Postby Monster on Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:30 pm

Single player seems pretty cool, but multiplayer doesn't seem like it will last long. It's cool how the arenas are true 3D (walk on walls, etc) but otherwise it's just typical FPS multiplayer.

I love how it starts playing "Don't Fear the Reaper" when the shit hits the fan in the single player game. Really cool.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Hado on Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:06 pm

Yea, the mp seems a bit simple. Player movement speeds are pretty slow while you start off with a gun that is capable of 1 hit killing everyone. There's no armor, either so there's not much strategy involved with level/item control, just out aim and using the floor/walls to outdodge people.

I had a lot of fun just running around wrenching people though.. you can kill anyone in melee range with a secondary swing followed up by a secondary swing or rifle shot. I love the instant weapon switching, too.. no other mp game has done that since Doom and Quake 1.
Hado

Postby Monster on Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:10 pm

I like spamming the spirit arrow into a group of people. Unlike single player, shooting it doesn't seem to drop the spirit meter (just drops over time).
Monster
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion