FEAR combat for free

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

FEAR combat for free

Postby Hado on Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:52 pm

http://www.joinfear.com/us/

It's the multiplayer portion of FEAR, along with new gamemodes, maps, and 12 weapons.

Had a LOT of fun with this game last year.. multiplayer is a blast, one of the only games to get melee combat right, plus it exaggerates skill level rather than diminish it like in later versions of CS. It's not uncommon to see scores of 40:1. You can do crazy things like shoot and detonate the grenade out of someone's hand as they're throwing it. Hopefully the mp community will pick up again with the influx of new players.

It's rare to see companies doing this sort of thing nowadays. Go Sierra!
Hado

Postby DarkViruz on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:07 am

My original thought was...if it's free it was probably garbage to begin with. But I've now had 6 people tell me to get it so I give up, I'm downloading it as we speak. I'll tell you how disappointed I am tomorrow.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Shoruk3n on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:59 am

You're such a happy guy DV. :P
OMFG WoW!
Xfire username = Shoruk3n
Shoruk3n

Postby Monster on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:02 pm

It's pretty fun, I played it for a while when it first came out. At the time there seemed to be some cheating though.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Hado on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:54 pm

They use punkbuster now, haven't seen any cheaters in any of the servers I've been on.
Hado

Postby DarkViruz on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:24 pm

Surprise surprise, I thought this game was trash. Hado might argue otherwise he seemed to be enjoying it when I randomly joined a server he was on. I'd like to start by saying I don't think there is any skill involved in trying to win. in my first full round of action I came 3rd. All I did was pick the gun hado told me to the round before. You pretty much just prefire every single corner, and it doesnt matter because you are going to die but you simply spawn instantly. Off spawn you toss a nade to your nearest spawn and hope it kills someone. You're pretty much holding the mouse button down the entire round with quick reload in between where your pray you don't get shot.

This is honestly one of the worst FPS multiplayer games I've played in a long long time. I'm glad DM was fun, because this is being uninstalled as we speak.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Hado on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:07 pm

You realize there's 11 other gamemodes right? Deathmatch mode (what we were playing) is just a Quake 1 style FFA where you practice your aim with weapons and respawn instantly.. it's extremely fast paced compared to elimination, capture and defend, and TDM where teamwork and deaths actually count since people just run around throwing their lives away.
Hado

Return to General Discussion