Bad news...

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

Bad news...

Postby Monster on Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:13 am

Neverwinter Nights 2 and Dark Messiah are both coming out at the end of the month. Blargh.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:48 pm

I haven't heard anything about NWN2. Is it more of the same or is there something new and amazing about it?
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:54 pm

Yeah, lots of new stuff. One of the biggest things is that the game is no longer tile-based, so you have a lot more freedom when it comes to designing your own worlds. Obvious graphical improvements aside, there are other upgrades such as being able to own a stronghold, and there's a built-in party system now, so you don't have to build one (or not) whenever making a new module. These are just the things off the top of my head, but just the freedom in designing new modules is going to be a big boon. Oh yeah, and the main campaign that ships with it is supposed to be like a full-fledged RPG campaign, much better than the one that shipped with the first one. You can even wage war in it from what I've read. To be honest I haven't really read many previews so I'm guessing there will be all sorts of new stuff I don't even know about.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:42 pm

Party system for multiplayer, you mean? I admit it's been a long time since I played NWN, but I thought you could have multiple people in a party.

Any rumor on the notion of implementing Vault characters this time around? Before NWN1 was released they claimed they would provide this service, where a server would validate all xp and equipment you've earned, based on the time it was "checked out" and "checked in" to minimize haxors having uber gear in every multiplayer game.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:25 pm

Not sure about the vault thing. When I talked about a party I meant the henchman system is much better now. You can have more than one henchman in your party, and you can actually control them (like Baldur's Gate).
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:20 pm

Sounds like an obvious feature?
Wynn

Postby Monster on Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:28 am

NWN only let you have one henchman and a pet (and a familiar), if I remember right. And you couldn't control the henchman, though you could give them commands, but it was limited to how much work the module creator put into it. In NWN2 it sounds like you can control a whole party if you like, which is a huge plus for me. NWN was designed mostly for multiplayer, so you were only allowed to control one character. However, most of my NWN experience was playing single player or only playing with one other person, so being able to have more party members, and actually be able to control them is great.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:49 pm

NWN2 (while i ended up thinking the first one sucked, but true i didnt play mods which is all the nwn rave) will probably be hax0r3d and stuff so i can 'probably' end up downloading it. DM is steam software so being gay like that you wont as easily be able to download it.

Thus, if my mathematics are correct, DM > NWN2
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:17 am

Modules were the whole reason to play NWN. It's not like the campaign that came with it was any good.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:50 am

My brother made a Harry Potter themed NWN module for his 7 yr old to play. Maybe you'd like it too DV.
Wynn

Postby DarkViruz on Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:05 am

Harry Potter is too advanced for me, I refuse to read any books or watch any of the movies. Perhaps something in a lower age level? Maybe 4?
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:47 pm

Ok, so I worked on a module for a long time on the first NWN but kind of gave up. However, what I did do was pretty cool. For those of you who didn't play, it involved things like a constant battle between town guards and the undead.

Now that I have a laptop, I fully intend on working on modules at work, which means I'll have a lot more time on my hands for creating them. Hopefully I can actually finish something I start this time.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby -Xanath- on Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:09 pm

Dude, I loved your module. I put a lot of work into my own, I had a never-ending battle scene as well, but yours had so many more variables and was so much more "interactive" - I don't have a lot of time to game with any more, but if you're putting something together, I'll buy the game just to play that.
-Xanath-

Postby Monster on Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:52 am

Thanks! I had a lot more planned for it, too. Maybe I'll redo it only this time actually finish it. Actually this time I plan on possibly making some smaller modules to start out with before trying to tackle a persistent world as my first freaking project.
Monster
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion