Mike Booth's new game!

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

Mike Booth's new game!

Postby Hado on Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:39 pm

Anyone else read the press release for Left 4 Dead?

Zombie apocalypse game using the HL2 engine, with multiplayer coop for 4 people.

Here's one of the first multiplayer impressions:

4 players play as the survivors (max of 4) while the others get put onto the zombie team.

The zombie players play as the special classes (Hulk, Hunter, Smoker, Boomer) while the AI controls the others.

Basically the survivors try to get to point A from point B. It's really tough and unpredictable every time you play. For example, one time you may walk through a hotel hallway where there are tons of zombies coming at you from all of the rooms. Next time you go through there, there could be nothing and completely eerie and silent. That is the work of the AI Director at work depending when and where to spawn zombies (including the human zombies).

Also, when humans are running around, there is lots of teamwork needed. When you get to 0hp you don't die right away. You get "downed" which means your character is lying on the ground wounded with their pistol out unable to move but can try to kill off any zombies trying to kill them while a teammate tries to revive them.

This helping of teammates is also viable in other areas. For example, there are areas where you need to jump from building to building through windows. If you are short and miss the jump, you could possibly grab onto the ledge (done automatically if you are close enough) and then you are stuck hanging there. You then need to have a teammate successfully jump through and then help you up. Really cool actually to see this type of teamwork.

Everyone needs to make sure they pre-order this cause it's so damn cool!

Oh, and there also can be like 20+ zombies easily on-screen, so it can be hectic which is why people need to stick together as survivors!!!

The weapons for survivors are this (form what I saw/remember):

- M4A1
- Uzi
- Frag Grenade
- Pistol
- Molotov Cocktail
- Medkit (not a weapon, but still part of your inventory)
- Shotgun
- Sniper Rifle

I think that's it, but I"m sure there's more.

Anyways, yea rock on.

So I shot off an email to Mike, and he's wondering if any of you are located around Orange County or Bellevue, WA (Wynn, aren't you still in WA?).. possibly arrange a playtest session. *urge to move back to Cali rising*
Hado

Postby Hado on Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:00 pm

Last edited by Hado on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hado

Postby Wynn on Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:05 pm

Yes, I am in Bellevue WA. Is he still using the same hotmail address? If not, can you send him my hotmail addy? ayeser@hotmail.com

Hmm I just realized I have Felisandria's address in one of my old yahoo accounts. She was the first one I remember to specialize in the death ray in Nox.
Wynn

Postby Hado on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:07 pm

Not sure if he still uses hotmail, I've just used biz@turtlerockstudios.com

I sent him your hotmail though.

I still have some of our old clan-wide email discussions saved up in my outlook db backups from 99-01 somewhere.. there's some really funny stuff in there.
Hado

Postby Monster on Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:49 am

Sounds awesome. Too bad I live nowhere near either of those places.
Monster
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion