Tempted to buy a 360. Thoughts?

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

LOL!11! POLL!

DO EET!
60%
BUY A BLOW-UP SHEEP INSTEAD!
40%

Total votes : 5

Postby -Xanath- on Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:55 pm

Bit the bullet.

Only game I've bought so far is PGR3 ($20, heh). Holy crap, makes me wonder how I ever wasted my time on arcade-style games.

Haven't even bothered plugging into LAN and toying with Xbox Live yet, still deciding what I want to do for the next game(s).
-Xanath-

Postby Hado on Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:03 am

Grats dude! You can probably find a lot of older games for that much or less.

Now I need to get mine. Still waiting for a good sale to come to Canada.
DV, you know where to get any 360's for cheap?
Hado

Postby DarkViruz on Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:06 am

Hado, sit tight for boxing day, about a month ago futureshop had a pretty good bundle going in order to sway some of the customers who were waiting in line for a ps3 and nintendo wii.

My guess is they'll do the same for boxing day, but essentially they were selling xbox360 with 4 games and i think 2 controllers for $400 and one of the games was that big game everyone was talking about last month. I forget the name now but my point is sit tight im sure futureshop will do some sort of deal it looks like they're trying to get rid of their 360 stock.

It makes me cry that so many people are interested in the 360 and ps3.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Wynn on Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:39 pm

Pick up Gears of War if you haven't yet. It's a beautiful, fun game, and you can play co-op over xbox live. It's not good for Xanath's dad though, as it is not as straightforward as Halo and has a learning curve. You have to use cover to do well.
Wynn

Postby -Xanath- on Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:13 pm

Besides PGR3, I've picked up Gears of War and Fight Night 3 - played through GoW on hardcore with a friend, that was a hell of a good time. Amazing graphics. You're right about the learning curve though - I wasn't really contributing much until about a third of the way through the game, and even then my friend was doing most of the work. Fight Night is, eh, a fighting game - I'm naturally bad at those. Multiplayer is still amazingly fun though, even if just for the instant replay on knockdowns. Got a couple of Blockbuster gift cards for Christmas, I figure I'll be using them to rent a ton of games and figure out what else is worth picking up.
-Xanath-

Postby Stix on Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:01 pm

DarkViruz wrote:It's a party system to be honest.

It can be a party system, as it has the games to promote that style of play. Boxing and tennis are definitely great party games. However, having played Zelda, I can tell you that the potential for companies to develop serious games that don't have awkward controls is pretty high. But the library of serious games is limited, at the moment.

And the remote and nunchuck are actually easy to hold on to. ;-P
Stix

Postby Monster on Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:53 pm

Still trying to get mine...
Monster
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion