so...what's the NNNext (tm) game?

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

so...what's the NNNext (tm) game?

Postby DarkViruz on Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:44 am

After what seemed like a sad demise to Dark Messiah's history, not that I helped it any by totally not buying the game and whoring swag off the phenrig website, what toher games have you guys been looking into?

I mean it's gotten to a point where mostly mmo's are the way to go, but it's amazing how absolutely terrible the mmo line up is right now. There hasn't been anything released lately, Dark and Light attempted to charge me 70 euro 1 year after i cancelled the other week, so I need ideas.

A game I looked at a while back was Cronicles of Spellborn or some crap which had a layout similar to Nox, but I had heard rumors that it pussied away from PvP like it had originally planned. I think Wynn was in one of the other 'big' mmo betas van gaurd or something. Has that gotten better? Is anything else coming? The pc gaming selection seems to have become so crappy what the hell is going on.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby -Xanath- on Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:01 pm

Come play PGR3 (360) with me. Think TurboSliders!
-Xanath-

Postby Wynn on Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:33 pm

I was in the Vanguard beta and it was one of the worst games I ever played. If you can call that playing. I really had no desire to play it. WoW is so much better looking and more fun.

However, I have cancelled my WoW account and will be selling it soon. I don't have any other games I'm looking forward to, though.
Wynn

Postby -Xanath- on Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:43 pm

What are everyone's thoughts on Warhammer Online?
http://www.warhammeronline.com

Besides EA being the Asshole of Midas (everything they touch turns to poop), there's some remote possibility a decent, skill-based product could come out of Mythic (pre-ToA DAoC style).
-Xanath-

Postby DarkViruz on Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:24 pm

-Xanath- wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Warhammer Online?
http://www.warhammeronline.com

Besides EA being the Asshole of Midas (everything they touch turns to poop), there's some remote possibility a decent, skill-based product could come out of Mythic (pre-ToA DAoC style).
EA has single handidly destroyed the new command and conquer before it was ever released...that's quite a feat considering the amazing backbone of the C&C community.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:52 pm

I'm looking forward to Middle Earth (or whatever it's called) and Warhammer Online, though I don't know if either will be any good. Other than that there's not a single PC game I can think of that would be worth playing as a group. It really seems like consoles are where clan play is at these days.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:15 pm

I know someone who works on Guild Wars, although I haven't been paying attention to it. Aren't they releasing soon?
Wynn

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:45 pm

Wynn wrote:I know someone who works on Guild Wars, although I haven't been paying attention to it. Aren't they releasing soon?
Expansion?

GW was fun, but without a solid team of atleast 8 people who are always online the game is pretty much useless.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Hado on Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:33 am

I'll play Warhammer for a month. My expectations are extremely low right now, especially since everything EA touches turns to shit. The devs have already said EA's been meddling in design decisions, and even though they have a lot more funding they've had differences to work out (not a good sign).

I was looking forward to Chronicles of Spellborne a couple years ago.. seemed like Nox and GW, but yea, their commitment to PVP isn't there anymore and now it seems like any other budget MMO.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/sho ... cs;title;5

Fury sounds interesting. Might be a more actioney GW if they can pull it off.

Age of Conan I'll play for a month to see how well they implement the PVP and melee combat (supposedly has direction attacks and crap, maybe it'll be like Jedi Outcast). And it's build from ground up to be an M rated MMO (a first).

Hellgate London will be a definite purchase for me. It'll be like the Diablo series where you play for a couple weeks, the come back again every few months.

Left 4 Dead's coming out next year too, sounds like one of those fun games to mess around with.

Shadowrun. I'm still looking forward to this, even though they're putting in a ton of handicaps for PC players so the Xbox controller can keep up.

Can't even say I'm excited by any of these games.. PC gaming is pretty much dead. I'm hoping some foreign gem no one's ever heard about pops up next year, like Mount & Blade online or something.
Hado

Postby Monster on Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:58 am

Oh yeah, forgot about Hellgate and Conan. Looking forward to those.

Shadowrun is going to be on the 360 anyway, so I'm not sure which one I'll get. Trying to get into the 360 beta so I'll find out if it's any good.

You know what game I'd love to play online more? Phantom Dust. That's right, the old Xbox game. That game kicks ass, we need more like it.
Monster
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion