Pirates of the Burning Seas

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

Pirates of the Burning Seas

Postby DarkViruz on Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:15 am

Stress beta is out this Thursday-Sunday. Anyone have a fileplanet account and want to get me a key? I know the rest of you, (well all two of you anyway) are too busying Halo-ing to be a pirate for the weekend right?
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:22 pm

FYI, anyone who uses Comcast as their ISP is considered to be a FilePlanet subscriber.

I'm not going to give you my key, but I will thank you for letting me know about the stress beta. :) I've been wanting to try this game out for years.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:29 pm

I have Comcast as my ISP, but I won't be able to participate this weekend. If that means I have a key that I can give away, let me know how to get it and I'll let DV have it.
Wynn

Postby DarkViruz on Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:00 pm

If you have a file planet account that's already a subscriber account...then http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/potbs/

If not, please fill wynn on the details monster so i can be a pirate with you. Arrrr.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:17 pm

Oh, whoops... apparently you only get this feature if you subscribe to the 8 MBPS Comcast, which costs a bit more. If you do, then I think you can activate IGN Founder's Club through this link.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:59 am

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO! Now open to everyone!

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/potbs/index.aspx
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Hado on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:58 am

Been downloading.. 50kb/sec rofl
Hado

Postby DarkViruz on Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:31 am

This is becoming impossible my dl cancelled over night and i cant pause resume while transferring laptop from home to school. Hopefully it'll be done by Sunday
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Hado on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:56 pm

My d/l finished, but I haven't been able to get passed the character creation screen.

The character customization options are hilarious though. "Random Character' ftw.
Hado

Postby Monster on Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:04 pm

Wow. My d/l finished in about an hour. It was going at about 1MB/sec. Gotta love Founder's Club.

It didn't matter though, because I couldn't get past the character creation screen until I got back on at around 12:30 last night. I only played for a few minutes, but I wasn't exactly blown away. In fact, they said this beta client is like 2 months old. Whaaaa?

I only finished the tutorial and haven't done anything else yet, though this doesn't seem much better than the Korean pirate RPGs I've played. Character creation is much better, though. They admitted that swordfighting sucks right now. So why not release a recent beta client?

One thing that I thought was lame was that I was able to make a really cool looking pirate, but then in the first town, almost every NPC you immediately see is also cool looking. Why dress everyone up that is hanging out near the docks as pirate captains?
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Hado on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:37 pm

When everyone else looks cool, the best way to stand out is to look like shit!

I thought the swordplay would actually take some skill like in Pirates!
It's just standard MMO fare, though. Builder-builder-builder-finisher. Whoopie.
Hado

Postby Wynn on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:22 pm

When everyone else looks cool, the best way to stand out is to look like shit!

+1
Wynn

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:00 pm

Err, it says in the main window that the sword play sucks. And to expect nothing else from it. And I quote

""Swordfighting kind of sucks in this build. Don’t expect it to be fun. We have spent the two months since this build trying to squeeze the suck out of it and are making good progress."

The ship combat is actually quite fun. 5 different areas to hit while trying to maneuver your ship around to be able to target the damaged portions of the ship, being able to damage ships from long range firing from both the sides or close range from any side by firing the stuff that kills the crew. Not to mention being able to board the ship of you need to. I'm looking forward to the release. Is it gonna be a competive game played at CPL or something? of course not. But will I have a blast logging in an hour per day, yeah probably.

It's easily more fun than any of the mmo's ive played to date, From Tabula Rasa going all the way back to the WoW game everyone still thinks is hot shit.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:12 pm

You think it's more fun than WoW? Wow....

I'd like to try out Tabula Rasa and Conan still.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:19 pm

Keep in mind I haven't played WoW since it's launch so maybe I am being a bit harsh.

Tabula Rasa isn't horrible but it's pretty meh. The story is great, but I just don't feel like playing a game for a storyline. Conan and Warhammer are two mmo's im looking forward to but until I get into an open beta/stress test I get to say yay Pirates.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Next

Return to General Discussion