Microsoft being sued over Halo 3

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

Microsoft being sued over Halo 3

Postby Monster on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:17 am

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/29/lawsu ... ty-halo-3/

This guy claims that Halo 3 consistently locks up, etc. etc.

It's funny, I've had almost no technical problems with Halo 3 or CoD4. Wynn and I played through the whole campaign and never experienced any problems (that I remember). Yet I've had at least 20 DREs (disc read errors) playing Mass Effect. I have to restart my Xbox several times a night on that game. I save roughly every 2-5 minutes in anticipation of it crashing. I'm up to about 415 total times saved now.

If this guy was smart, the suit would just target Microsoft for the 360 problems in general (how many consoles have you had on which games crash consistently? Answer: none but the 360). However, it's clearly partially the developers' faults for releasing games that help to crash the system. I mean, if I can play 20 hours in one game and have no crashes, and 20 hours in another game and have 10 crashes, it's got to be partially the developer's fault. But again, I've never seen this happen on any console but the 360.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:58 am

I've never had any crashes. I may have had a lockup once or twice, but I don't remember.

I didn't read the article, but from what you say, the lawsuit sounds ridiculous. Can we sue all game companies now when they release buggy shit? Doubtful.
Wynn

Return to General Discussion