Changes coming...

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

Changes coming...

Postby Monster on Wed May 14, 2008 2:46 pm

I plan on upgrading to PHPBB 3 soon for various reasons (but mostly so I can disable registration to stop all these idiot spammers from requesting accounts several times a day). The look of the board is going to change, since I don't think the skins will transfer. I plan on making custom banners for the site as well. In anticipation of this change, I've decided to finally design the official NNN logo. The design has been in my head for several years now, and I figured now would be a good time to finally make it. Below are three versions of it:

Image Image Image

I know it's too little, too late, but what do you guys think?
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Wed May 14, 2008 5:37 pm

The more I stare at it the more it looks like a 3 sided nazi star thingy. That said I like the middle one.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Hado on Wed May 14, 2008 11:47 pm

The first one looks like it could be ninja-star'ish (with some blood/stainy look?)

2nd one reminds me of the Star of David.

Dig the texturing of the NNN on the 3rd.
Hado

Postby Monster on Thu May 15, 2008 8:58 am

The more I stare at it the more it looks like a 3 sided nazi star thingy.

Heh, I know what you mean, I kept thinking the same thing after I made it. I like that the logo looks a little menacing.

That said I like the middle one.

I plan on having random banners, so the logo will appear differently in each one.

The first one looks like it could be ninja-star'ish (with some blood/stainy look?)

Cool idea, I'll have to make one like that.

2nd one reminds me of the Star of David.

Apparently I've invented the first Star of David swastika!

Dig the texturing of the NNN on the 3rd.

Thanks, I like it too. :)
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Thu May 15, 2008 9:13 am

Nazi's and Jews, bringing together the best of the two worlds, well done lol. The texture one looked cool too but it felt generic in terms of texture (ie what game coming out doesn't use metal texture like that to impress people). Though I'm down for seeing how a blood stained one would look.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Wynn on Thu May 15, 2008 6:34 pm

It doesn't look like a swastika at all, you racists. I think it looks cool, but they look way more like Z's than N's. Maybe different proportions would make it more N-like. If our acronym was NZZ, I'd say you are genius.
Wynn

Re: Changes coming...

Postby Monster on Sat May 17, 2008 4:30 pm

Yeah, yeah, it's very "z"-y. I don't want to change the proportions though, because I don't think it will look as good.

In other news, I obviously updated the board. Spammers started creating something like 10 accounts per day as of a couple of days ago and it's a pain to delete them. It's much easier to delete them now, plus I can have a captcha for new users and if that doesn't work well enough I'll turn registration off completely.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Sat May 17, 2008 10:28 pm

This new design both angers and scares me.
*curls up into a ball*

PS: It had to be done spammers are pretty gay.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Sun May 18, 2008 12:27 am

I'm working on the theme... it turns out there seems to be no 3.0 themes yet except this default one. And it's a pain to customize it. I plan on having random NNN banners too (already solved that part, just have to make more banners). Once it's done I think it will look much better than before. It already kind of does. I have to get used to having the names and avatars on the right, unless I can figure out how to change it. Unless everyone likes it that way, of course.

UPDATE: Phpbb.com doesn't have 3.0 styles, but I found a place called http://www.phpbb3styles.net/ that does. Hopefully we can get something nicer up here soon.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Mon May 19, 2008 10:30 am

For the record, I like the names and avatars on the Left.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon May 19, 2008 11:16 am

The style I'm setting up has the names and avatars on the left.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Mon May 19, 2008 2:10 pm

Can't wait to see it!
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon May 19, 2008 4:14 pm

This really sucks. I don't know why everything has to be such a chore. All I'm trying to do is update the theme to use my custom banner and center the damn banner. However, something in the style sheet won't let me save it to the database and the board won't let me save it to a file, so I can't do anything about it. This is really wearing thin.

I could choose a different theme, but the one I installed is the only one I like for my purposes. I might have to find another one anyway.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Mon May 19, 2008 11:10 pm

Anyway to make it more obvious that there is a new post. The red/blue visually looks unnoticeable if someone has posted. Where as in ye olde message board it was a simple theme where it was either bold or not bold. Basically, anyway to make that stand out? (figure id give you more work since you have so much time and all)
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Tue May 20, 2008 9:04 am

I think the new theme makes it more obvious. The new theme should be up today. It's not perfect, but it's better.
Monster
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion