Kane & Lynch

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

Kane & Lynch

Postby DarkViruz on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:33 pm

Alright so I was at my buddies house today watching him play Devil May Cry 4. Apart from the ocky attitude/cinematics that game is looks awful and I have no idea how they managed to make 4 of them.

However, Kane & Lynch was fun as hell. It takes a few minutes to get used to but the game because so fun. Me and my buddy were playing hardest difficulty coop and just blowing shooting shit up as much and often as possible. There's a fun segments where you're shooting at cars from the van doors early on in the game and that's hella fun too. I haven't had to review or talk about games in a while so I'm sure the above sounds horrible, but you guys should give it a shot. That said I also thought gears fo war sucked so perhaps it is best to not listen to me.

Edit: Having just checked the gamespot sure, I'm sure I'm wrong about it. But hey whatever I enjoyed it and that's all that matters.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Re: Kane & Lynch

Postby Monster on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:25 am

What does "ocky" mean?

I'm currently playing Devil May Cry 4 (I think the last one I played was 2) and it's pretty fun. The cinematics are incredible (action-wise). The actual in-game graphics are good too, so I assume when you say it looks awful, you mean the gameplay. Hey, it's a beat-em-up, so what do you expect? Speaking of beat-em-ups, I played the demo for Ninja Gaiden 2 last night and it was much more fun than I expected.

I haven't played Kane & Lynch. Gears of War was great, but only if you played co-op. IMO, it was not worth playing solo and playing online multi was one of the worst experiences ever in an Xbox Live game for me. Gears of War 2 looks awesome, though. Hopefully they fix the online multi.

Another good co-op game is Army of Two. Unfortunately I had to play it solo though, because my wife was so bad it was actually an advantage to use the AI instead.

But hey, who cares about any of that crap when Soul Calibur 4 is out in a week?
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:15 am

Ninja Gaiden II is more difficult than I expected. By that I mean that on the easiest level, it's not trivial. After you play through once or twice, then Easy is a breeze, but it's given myself and my coworkers a significant amount of frustration. That said, it's pretty fun, and chock full of bloody finishing moves. Behead a guy and then stab your scythe down into his neck stump and flip his body over your head and smash it to the ground. That's what I'm talkin about!
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:26 pm

Yeah, the last one pissed me off enough that I think I quit during the first boss fight, so this one seems easier to me (at least judging by the demo). Making your health regenerate after each fight was a really good move, IMO.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:35 pm

I'll check out army of 2 if I can convince my buddy to get it. Finished K&L today, about 10 hours total time. Ending became confusing and short cinematic to end it so you feel left kind of shitty about the whole experieince. But the entire game itself is fun.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby DarkViruz on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:32 am

Army of 2: Beat it on normal (since hard was locked unless you beat normal...) in about 7 or 8 hours with my buddy. It was fun, but 7 hours? seriously? Feels pretty weak to be able to beat a game within a day, and what's up with the shitty hard mode being locked unless you beat normal first like I want to run through the game again after just beating it.

Apart from that it was pretty enjoyable, loved the weapon upgrades but I wish you had a way to compare them without having to remember stats. Coop sniping is lame, but kudos on attempting to make it some sort of interesting feature. Kane & Lynch was more enjoyable in the overall imo. No idea what else I'm missing, but yeah that's my short army of 2 review.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Return to General Discussion