Guitar Hero World Tour/Rock Band

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

Guitar Hero World Tour/Rock Band

Postby Monster on Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:15 am

So I'm probably going to be picking up Guitar Hero: World Tour and then probably Rock Band 2 (since Rock Band 2 seems to have many more good songs) on the 360. Is anyone picking these up? I know Guitar Hero: World Tour has online modes, not sure about Rock Band 2.
Monster
Site Admin

Re: Guitar Hero World Tour/Rock Band

Postby Wynn on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:36 am

I have RB1, but not 2. Not sure if I will get it. There's a lot of games coming out in the near future :)
Wynn

Postby DarkViruz on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:30 am

I have RB1 as well. RB2 does have better songs. GH:WT is likely to be better in gameplay.

I'll be grabbing RB2 likely first. Depends on which kits are compatible with which game. (dont want to spend $200 twice to get the cymbals). We'll see I suppose.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:50 am

Rock Band 2 instruments are compatible with Guitar Hero: World Tour last I heard. The screen readout actually changes (merges a couple of tracks into one) if you have the RB2 instruments plugged in.

The main reason I'm getting Guitar Hero is that I think the instruments will be better, plus it has the whole song creation thing. That's pretty awesome.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:43 pm

The drums will be better for sure. They're supposed to be compatable with some high end electronic drum set if you buy some extra pieces. Making your own songs is nice, but I know for me the feature will be pointless as I'm not cool enough to make my own songs.

But yeah if that's something you're looking forward to with cutom songs, definately GH
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:54 pm

Plus the guitar has a touch sensitive pad instead of solo buttons on the neck, so that seems like a cool feature.
Monster
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion