Aliased Macros and calling aliases from aliases

Discuss.

Aliased Macros and calling aliases from aliases

Postby RGDelta on Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:13 pm

Ok here is how to do aliased macros like unattended sampling first create a text file in your SWG dir call it whatever mine is called macros.txt now in that file create your first macro here is mine

macro1: /stand; /pause 1; /sample; /pause 800; /sit; /pause 300; /stand; /pause 1; /sample; /pause 800; /sit; /pause 300; /stand; /pause 1; /sample; /pause 800; /sit; /pause 300; /stand; /pause 1; /sample; /pause 800; /sit; /pause 300; /stand; /pause 1; /sample; /pause 800; /sit; /pause 300; /macro2;

Now the macro1: is the macro alias name so keep it like that this has to be on 1 line and there has to be a ; after each command this allows me to sample at the end you see /macro2; that calls my 2nd alias in that file called macro 2 here it is

macro2: /stand; /pause 1; /sample; /pause 800; /sit; /pause 300; /stand; /pause 1; /sample; /pause 800; /sit; /pause 300; /stand; /pause 1; /sample; /pause 800; /sit; /pause 300; /stand; /pause 1; /sample; /pause 800; /sit; /pause 300; /stand; /pause 1; /sample; /pause 800; /sit; /pause 300; /macro3;

Each alias has to be its own line you can do that over and over as much as you want then the last one you don't need to call a macro as recursive does not function after you have made your file and saved it in your root SWG dir same dir as the exe's and dll's then go in game when in game do /load macros.txt (or whatever you called the text file) and it will say aliases loaded then just call the first macro in my case it is macro 1 so I do /macro1 and off we go. Btw the /pauses are in seconds so 800 is 800 seconds :-)
RGDelta

Questions..

Postby MFalcon on Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:22 pm

First, why do you have such long wait times between each sampling? The game allows you to sample within 25 seconds of the prior sampling and you can easily make 10 samples before requiring to rest.

Second, why do you have the character stand versus kneel?

Finally, was there a reason for calling the second macro? I simply made mine one long one and didn't need to have a second macro being called up.

I might add that I also modified mine to allow 10 samples to be done between each sitting period for rest. I made my pause period between each sample 20 seconds and I have my character kneeling. If there is any reason why you have yours set the way you do please explain.
MFalcon

Postby RGDelta on Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:54 pm

Because my char has a very very very long action bar and that pause is enough for 1/2 the bar which means more samples per session also as to the sit over kneel your bars regen 2x faster sitting then kneeling and 4x faster then standing. So each session I sample 32 times. As to calling more macros because at the time that I wrote this during beta we did not know how long they could be but this macro will sample for 20 hours total. As I have about 18 macros the same as that. That is about 2880 Sample Sessions and if I was on a nice patch and got say an average of 6 with a 1/10 failure rate (this is a rough guess I never tracked actual production) that is over 15k of resources from that macro. BTW you don't need to wait 20 seconds then do another /sample if you are kneeling because once you do /sample you are kneeling so you really are NOT regening faster you are regening exactly the same.
RGDelta

Postby MFalcon on Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:54 pm

Now I understand what you are doing. Hah, I didn't understand it at first. Your macro waits 800 seconds between a sample and sit period and in that time it continues sampling. I figured it would only sample once so I rewrote it. I will change mine back to your setup and test it. I think I can sample roughly 25 times before I am exhausted and need to sit and regen. Thanks for the update.
MFalcon

Postby RGDelta on Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:21 am

NP that is why it is good to ask :-)
RGDelta

Postby Wynn on Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:52 pm

By the way, it's a lot simpler if you just stuff 1 macro into a toolbar somewhere, and then use this command at the end of that same macro:

/ui action toolbarSlotXX

XX is a 2 didgit number from 00-23. 00 is the first button, 11 is the last button on the first row, and 12-23 are for the second row

This lets you loop the macro forever, and if you ever want to stop the macro, just switch to another toolbar or remove the item from the toolbar you're on.
Wynn

Return to Star Wars Galaxies