Our/My Status in SWG

Discuss.

Postby DarkViruz on Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:53 am

I didn't say they were good ones...
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby MFalcon on Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:38 am

I think we were both perplexed that Canada had subways.. we weren't worried much about the quality.
MFalcon

Postby DarkViruz on Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:13 am

Upon writing this message all I can think of is when was the last time I heard someone use the word perplexed. So as I sit here thinking I completely forgot what witty (or atleast what at that time I thought was witty) remark I was going to say, simply because I'm still thinking of the word perplexed.

Anyway.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:56 pm

So now YOU'RE perplexed.

MFalcon, stop using big words. Try communicating with Canadians in words they understand, like "Eh?" and "Aboot". ;)
Monster
Site Admin

Postby madcow on Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:21 am

So now that the whole lot of you have quit the game, how about letting me check out SWG? I have the CDs from a friend but I need a login/pw. Anyone wanna let me *borrow* theirs for awhile? I'll of course sign up with my payment information... figure it's worth checking out for a month maybe. Besides, I'm really bored and my system is just sitting there now with nothing to use it for.

Thanks!

madcow
madcow

Postby Wynn on Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:56 am

You can have mine. Except the account is no longer active, since I cancelled it and stopped paying. You sure you still want it?
Wynn

Postby madcow on Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:39 am

Great Wynn! Yah I wanna check it out for myself... and really, I just bought a system and now with the korean beta of Lineage 2 ending, I have no other game to play on it.

So please PM with the login/pw info, thanks!
madcow

Postby Wynn on Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:42 am

Did you read what I said? The account wont work.
Wynn

Postby madcow on Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:53 pm

Yes, I read what you said. I should be able to reactivate the account with my credit card. My old EQ account is still there even though I canceled a couple of years ago. I could play it again if I reactivated it.

Thanks!
madcow

Postby MFalcon on Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:49 pm

Well I cancelled my account and ended my subscription. This game literally turned into a macroing nightmare after they instituted a change in the experience that crafters could gather in one game session. I was literally having to check back every 2 hours when my macroing was done so I wouldn't waste materials after hitting the experience cap. Then go find some guy on another planet and get trained, then back to macroing for another 2 hours. Fuck this game.

I just want to make a comment on the current set of MMORPGs to date. I think that this genre has gone to the dogs, meaning it sucks if you don't know that phrase. Every game is a level fest, a macro fest, and offers few quests or unique adventures or unique experiences. It sucks. I don't want to play these kind of games anymore. They arn't fun and I don't like feeling like I have to "work" just to play a fucking game.

So FUCK YOU SONY!!! FUCK YOU ORIGIN!! FUCK THE NORWAY GUYS WHO MADE ANARCHY ONLINE!! AND FUCK THOSE SMUCKS WHO MADE DARK AGE OF CAMELOT!!

Where has the originality gone? Where are our ingenious developers!??! Woe to the MMORPG subscriber!
MFalcon

Postby Wynn on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:16 pm

Preach on, brother!

You're right, every MMORPG is a repetitious series of slaying monsters or harvesting resources and crafting. Where is the strategy, the adventure, the thrill of discovery? I think an MMORPG that continually adds content and new quests and expires old content and quests would be nice. I hear AC1 did this for a long time. The churn kept things interesting. I'd like to see that to a greater degree.

Did you get into the SWG storyline at all? I thought they were starting that a month ago or so?
Wynn

Postby madcow on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:44 pm

I guess I'm just a sucker for these types of games. A lot can be attributed to the online social aspect of the game. For EQ, it was never about leveling but more about hanging out with friends and playing online. Same with DAOC... except the whole PvP thing in Daoc is what really made it fun. The keep sieges in DAOC where whole realms participated in was great. It was the actual really fun part. Levelgrinding by yourself sucks. Repetition sucks. But exping with friends in a tough area is actually pretty fun to me.

With that said, I still want to check out SWG and if Wynn, or anyone else, have a canceled account you wouldn't mind letting me use, then please PM me the details!
madcow

Previous

Return to Star Wars Galaxies