In Development - LOTS OF STUFF

Discuss.

In Development - LOTS OF STUFF

Postby Wynn on Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:23 am

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.co ... evelopment

Wow, this lists a ton of changes in the works. They are just beginning to address Monster's biggest gripe.

Loot
Added armor segment and segment enhancement loot drops
Added the ability for loot items to have randomized stats. The chance and extent of randomized stats is based on the creature's level.
Added the ability for the loot system to drop functional crafting components.
Added special loot items for a number of creature types. These items can only be found on specific creatures. Many of these items are components which can be used in the crafting process. Start looking. :)
Added exceptional and legendary item/component drops. These items are very rare and are found only on high level creatures.
Added the ability for weapons and armor to drop with skill mods.
Static (placed) locked crates and dropped locked crates will now have loot in them again.
When looting a resource container, the default action is now pickup instead of split.

This is a welcome change:
Missions: New mission terminals added for Artisan (crafting, and surveying missions), Entertainer (musician and dancer gig missions) and Explorer (hunting missions, and recon) mission types.

Okay the list is too huge to go through... you jsut have to see it. This is all in development, so who knows when it will go live.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:22 pm

Interesting.

Of course, "In development" in SWG means it will be on test center for about 12 hours and then they will bring it to the live servers, then spend 2 weeks patching the new bugs created.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:38 pm

Hmm. Some nice changes.

Looks like pets won't be able to be DB'ed. Maybe I'll go CH like I originally planned. On the other hand: "Droid pets will die when incapacitated". WTF? Droids should never die. They can always be repaired unless they are completely junked.

Armor will be hueable. That's nice.

Also looks like HAM penalties will have a chance to be nulled on weapons? That would be nice.

"You can now place camps in no-build regions" Nice.

"New battle spawn areas: these are not battlefields in the formal sense, but rather spawn areas that are battles between two sides.
- Rebels vs. Imperials battle on Corellia.
- Drall vs. Corsec battle on Corellia.
- Hunters vs. Creatures battle on Rori.
- Corsec vs. the Flail battle on Talus." - Really cool

Sweet: "There are battles that now contain AT-ATs.
Non-aggro giant creatures added to newbie spawn areas.
Gambling:
- Added slot machines and roulette to hotels and some cantinas.
- Adding gambling commands: /joinGame, /leaveGame, & /bet"

Looks like mostly good changes overall. I guess they're done nerfing for the most part (for now).
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:03 pm

Pets can't be DB'd? I thought they could. Where are you reading this?
Wynn

Postby Hado on Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:34 pm

They're still killing professions/nerfing shit (made berserk even weaker then ever) but they also fixed some stuff. At least a few of the special moves actually WORK now. Before suppression fire did nothing at all.

Check out the PVP changes.. they are going to be awesome. The side with the most control gets a 15% xp bonus to EVERYTHING, while the losing side gets 30% discount to all faction points. They also tweaked the costs of faction stuff so it's more balanced for Imperials.. *BUT* im still not going imperial because I get 3x racial penalty since I'm a Wookiee.
Hado

Postby Hado on Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:38 pm

You read it wrong man.. They are making it so pets can be DB'd now. They recently made a hotfix where they turned on DB for pets, and people were losing them even if they only got incapped. After storing them, they would pop back out dead. So they did another hotfix and restored it so people got their pets back. But now they are turning on DB'd pets AGAIN..which is lame since you can't even clone them. And the droid nerfs are fucktarted .. the droid repair tree doesn't even work. No one is going to be buying / using droids since they'll die easily and can't be repaired now.
Hado

Postby Monster on Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:45 am

I didn't read shit wrong.

"ADDED July 25th:
Pets will never be "death-blowed", but instead will suffer a reduction in max Health, Action and Mind in cases where they would have been death-blowed."
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:53 am

Here is the announcement regarding those changes.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... e.id=15668

The new changes are as follows:
ADDED July 25th:
Pets will never be "death-blowed", but instead will suffer a reduction in max Health, Action and Mind in cases where they would have been death-blowed.
Creature handlers will not be able to 'call' pets that they would have no chance of taming
Fixed an issue with pets wandering around aimlessly in the midst of combat
Fixed an issue with pets bolting to the location they were called during/after combat
Removed the requirement for a creature handler to be within 30 meters of his pet in order to gain xp.
Added a system message explaining why transfering a pet fails

This is indeed good news. They are addressing some of the issues I have. Now if only they would allow pets to heal (slowly) while they are stored in the datapad...
Wynn

Postby Wynn on Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:46 pm

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... e.id=17673
One more to add:

CH's will only be able to call a max of 60 'levels' worth of creatures. So master CH's can call a Rancor, but not three Rancors (or they could call 2 lower-level creatures, or 3 even lower level creatures, etc.).

Kevin "Q-3PO" O'Hara
SWG Community Relations Manager
Wynn

Postby Wynn on Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:02 pm

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... 60#M187960
Posted on 7-25, Rich Vogel (Executive Producer) aka BoShek said:
We also have a strike team working on player mounts. Next week I'm going to see an internal demo of a player riding a mount. When they are finished implementing mounts, they’ll move onto player vehicles.

Also:
By the way, so far no one has opened a Force Sensitive slot. We’ll probably let you know when the first one happens but I doubt it will be for a couple months yet.
Wynn

Postby MFalcon on Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:45 pm

Personally I think the whole force sensitive slot bullshit was just a way for them to rope more Star Wars fan boys into the mix. The fact that no one has opened one yet just shows that it might not be skill based afterall. If it is, I am guessing you'd have to be a Master Swordsman and a Master Teras Kasi Artist. How many people do you see walking around doing that? None, atleast none that I have seen.

As for if they have actually created and implemented the force sensitive slot and skill tree for the Jedi then lets take a wild guess as to what skills they will have. Force abilities, take everything you saw in Jedi Knight II, make it very difficult to get that force ability by adding each on into a skill box, and you now have the Jedi. Enjoy months of work as each skill box will likely require 10x more work than any current combat skill box.

I can already see it now folks.. Master Jedi Account goes on Ebay for 3,000+ dollars. Seller was a Korean guy who played 20 hours a day, buyer a rich fat kid who will likely delete the character after becoming bored with killing everything and everyone. Hahahahhaa.
MFalcon

Postby Wynn on Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:01 pm

You dont need to be master jedi to make thousands off ebay. The first Force Sensitive slot account will make thousands regardless of the level of Jedi.
Wynn

Postby MFalcon on Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:10 pm

I was just giving an example. Your probably right, the first asshole to unlock that slot will either love it or hate it, and if he hates it.. he'll ebay that shit and make a fortune. Oh yea and it won't surprise me if Sony makes a big damn deal about the guy unlocking it. They'll probably make him sign an NDA so he can't state how he did it.
MFalcon

Postby Monster on Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:37 pm

If it is, I am guessing you'd have to be a Master Swordsman and a Master Teras Kasi Artist.

Everyone keeps forgetting that it isn't your character that becomes a Jedi, you just unlock a slot. It won't have anything to do with what skills you have. It probably won't even make sense. Besides, what would Teras Kasi have to do with it? Have you ever seen a Jedi in the movies that is good at unarmed (except Darth Maul, who was played by a real life martial artist)?

Who knows, it might even have to do with how many kills you have in PvP.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:10 am

If I am the first one to unlock FS, I will sell my account right away.
However, I probably wont be playing the game that long.
Wynn

Next

Return to Star Wars Galaxies