Age of Conan

AKA Age of Boobage - The Stabbening

Age of Conan

Postby Hado on Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:37 pm

Anyone in beta or planning on picking this up on release?

I've been hearing a lot of positive things about it.. 'cept Funcom is pushing it out a few months early.
Hado

Postby Monster on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:46 pm

Never got in the beta. If if turns out any good, I just might try it out on the 360 (if it allows 360 players to play with PC, anyway). I don't want to buy another PC to play it.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:52 am

I enjoyed the pvp beta weekend. Reminds me of guild wars but simplified on strategy but requiring more individual skill. Team work still exists though thats for sure. Crafters can craft statues in their cities and players can shoot arrows and spells from mounts.

No reason this isn't a billion million times better than Warhammer and any other mmo i've played to date. Attacking with a cone area in front of you rather than individual targets is also neat.

That said I doubt release will be great and I doubt anything is balanced. But I can see 3 months after release becoming quite awesome. Regardless I'll be preordering it as it feels like a fresh mmorpg which is sorely lacking due to WoW clones populating the world.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Hado on Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:01 pm

I'm playing right now and it's pretty f'ing awesome.

The combat is really fun - a lot of fighting game/fps elements. Fatalities actually give you a good bonus, and you can pull off "chain-kill" bonuses by finishing off multiple enemies quickly.

The only thing I think they should change is reversing how combos are activated. Right now you activate the icon for the combo you want to pull, then follow up with the correct swings/keypresses like playing DDR. That makes no sense, you should start off with swings and then press the combo button at the end to activate it, like in a fighting game. That way it'd be more fluid.. I doubt they'll change it because of all the old geezers who'd whine about it taking too much skill/not enough like an MMO.

Also it runs like crap.

But the combat is far and away the funnest I've played in an MMO yet.
Hado

Postby DarkViruz on Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:47 pm

Glad you're enjoying it hado, does that mean I'll see you ingame May 17th? :D
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Thu May 01, 2008 9:07 am

Also it runs like crap.

Which is why I'm thinking about the 360 version instead... but probably only if it shares servers with the PC version.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Sat May 10, 2008 4:26 pm

More info:

Combat Mechanics
PVP

This game looks awesome.
Monster
Site Admin

Re: Age of Conan

Postby Shoruk3n on Wed May 21, 2008 4:44 pm

Hado you played a caster and had fun in this game? What level did things start getting fun? I'm about an hour into the game, and the spellcasting system thus far has been booooooooooooooooooooooooring.

Meanwhile my buddies who both rolled melee toons are having the time of their life.
OMFG WoW!
Xfire username = Shoruk3n
Shoruk3n

Re: Age of Conan

Postby DarkViruz on Wed May 21, 2008 9:20 pm

I'm rolling Necro and while I'm yet to be convinced that I can actually 1v1 anyone, I'm aoeing the shit out of everything...
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Return to Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures