Convince me...

AKA Age of Boobage - The Stabbening

Convince me...

Postby Monster on Thu May 22, 2008 10:48 am

So should I get this? Will it run well or do you need the latest hardware to make it look decent? Is it fun so far? Is there a lot to do? Are the major bugs worked out, or are you paying to play a beta?
Monster
Site Admin

Re: Convince me...

Postby Shoruk3n on Thu May 22, 2008 11:42 am

Crucial specs:

7950gt 512 mb
AMD X2 4200+
3gb ram

Atm I'm not even close to happy with how the game runs. I'm running at my native res, so that's a problem from the start I suppose, but anything less just makes things look sloppy. I have other settings relatively low, and in town I get massive stuttering. Outside my FPS is OK for PvE type stuff, but for PvP, no chance in hell.

I'm expecting a 8800gt 512mb soon, so hopefully I'll have better things to say then.
OMFG WoW!
Xfire username = Shoruk3n
Shoruk3n

Postby Monster on Thu May 22, 2008 11:45 am

Hmm, that sucks. Outlook not good for me then. I also have to run in my native resolution (1440x900) since my video card is too stupid to not stretch every resolution, for some reason.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Shoruk3n on Thu May 22, 2008 12:19 pm

I don't know what the deal is with MMOs, but IMO, they aren't doing anything graphically that tons of single player games I've played do better, and with better frame rates.
OMFG WoW!
Xfire username = Shoruk3n
Shoruk3n

Postby DarkViruz on Thu May 22, 2008 8:24 pm

quadcore q6600, 8800gts, 2gb ram....im satisfied but it still gets 25fps every now and then.

Works with the G15 keyboard I thought that was a neat touch.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Thu May 22, 2008 11:40 pm

I have a Pentium D 3 GHz with 2 GB RAM and a GeForce 7800 GTX with 256 MB. Top-of-the-line, 3 years or so ago. I also don't have a free 30 GB to install the game, so I'd have to delete or move a bunch of stuff.

Or I could wait until 2009 and get the 360 version, have voice chat and not have to worry about my PC specs.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Fri May 23, 2008 9:04 am

I think Xanath might be running something close to your system...or maybe he upgraded since then either way he's still suffering high frame loss at times so I'd probably wait a bit. Though you're going to want to upgrade at some point, starcraft and all those fancy games coming in the future are going to want shiney graphics cards and power house cpus.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Hado on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:38 pm

My specs are similar to yours, Rob - except I have an 8800 GTS 640mb

The game shoots up to 9999ms , 0.3 fps in 6v6 pvp, so I'm stuck doing small scale stuff - nothing more than 3v3. I'm going to wait a month for them to fix this shit, if they don't I'll have to upgrade again =\

If you've read the tech forums, surprisingly, turning up game details to high, then turning off shadows gives you much better fps than if you had set everything to lowest. The engine is bugged to hell right now.

So far I have an 80 barb and a bunch of lvl 20 lowbies of each class parked in Tortage.

Barb and Herald of Xotli have been the most satisfying thus far. Tempests / necros / poms are very powerful, they basically one button AOE their way through everything including PVP. It doesn't appeal to me though as casting in AOC is nowhere near as involved as melee combat is. Melee's a BLAST once you get used to the intricacies of it.. right now I've figured out how to block my opponent's combos 100% of the time, while returning my own queued up combo a split second after.. high level melee almost plays like a match of Soul Calibur.

BTW what server did you guys roll on? Xanath, Jabus and I are on Deathwhisper (ffa pvp).
Hado

Postby Monster on Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:59 am

The game sounds kinda broken. Yet another example why joining an MMO in the first few months is a bad idea. I hate paying to beta test. Take DDO for example... the beta was pretty weak, but now that it's been out for 2 years, I really like it.

Melee combat sounds pretty sweet though. It looks like I might be picking this up once it hits the 360. I definitely don't have time for two MMOs anyway.
Monster
Site Admin

Return to Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures