Screenshots of my characters

Super secret underground base!

Screenshots of my characters

Postby Monster on Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:51 pm

Please don't link to these screenshots for anyone.

First here's a series of shots of Red Rain:

ImageImage

The next shots are of Nether Blade.

This first shot is a good shot of City Hall in Atlas Plaza. Notice the guy standing waaaaay up on the statue. He can either fly or has super jump.

Some poses:
ImageImage

My favorite shot of Nether Blade:

Nether Blade kickin' ass:

Some emotes:

Rock, from rock, scissors paper:

Shooting dice (notice that he actually rolls a little die too, see the bottom left corner):

And finally, Nether Blade taking a break to read the daily paper:

Image[/img]
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:58 pm

I like your second guys style, I'm more of a fan of dark evil type characters. I havent seen the available weapons yet, but a katana is a nice weapon.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Wynn on Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:12 am

Is she wearing a G-string or just a string bikini?
This is crucial information!
Wynn

Postby Monster on Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:41 am

This should answer your question:

BTW, as you can tell from the interior shot of Red Rain, lighting color during dusk/dawn and night change the color of your skin and sometimes clothes quite a bit. I personally think it should be toned down a bit.

As far as weapons go, a scrapper archtype can take katana, broadsword, claws (think Wolverine!), dark melee, martial arts, or quills.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:24 pm

Ok, I made 3 more characters.

Majicka is a (surprise!) magician. She uses energy and flame-based attacks to subdue foes.

Here she has her flame sword in hand.

Mighty Odin is a norse warlord. He uses a battle axe and ice-based armor.

Crossbreed is my Hulk-inspired hero. He uses nothing but brute strength. He is the result of a failed experiment to give traits from certain animals to humans. As you can kinda see in the picture, he has horns like a rhino, skin like a shark, etc. I could not believe "Crossbreed" wasn't taken as a name.

Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:02 am

I'm a bit disappointed in Crossbreed, looks like a giant ripoff of Nether Blade. There other 2 however are very well done.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:44 am

What, he's a rip off of Nether Blade just because he's also wearing the mask? Then I guess almost every hero is a ripoff of Superman because they wear tights.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:06 am

No Because he looks like a fat Nether Blade, with a mohawk. Its not a huge change. I'm just saying it doesn't look all the different from him. Don't worry you can make fun of my guys soon enough.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:48 am

WTF? Dude, the only costume piece or body piece that Crossbreed has in common with Nether Blade is the scarf. That's it. Crossbreed doesn't even wear any other clothes but pants and a belt. He's shirtless and shoeless with tattoos covering about 50% of his body. And he doesn't have a mohawk, he's bald with rhino horns. And blue skin. Plus he's about 1-2 feet taller than Nether Blade. And a totally different face. He looks nothing like Nether Blade except for the scarf.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:04 pm

ImageImage

Fat Nether Blade, I rest my case. Let's just call me blind & stupid, then we can both be happy ok?
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:19 pm

And your helmet looks just like a fat, squat pineapple.

ImageImage

I rest my case.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:39 pm

BTW I was kinda acknowledging you won with my last post, in my head the remained similar once i put them back to back I was stupid and blind.

But im glad you posted the pineapple with my helmet because i broke out laughing.

10 points.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Wynn on Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:50 pm

<ding ding>
The winner is Monster!
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:52 pm

Here's some more pics of Crossbreed so you get a better idea of what he looks like. I really liked that sewer picture so that's the one I chose. I didn't even think about people not being able to see that he has horns.

Here's Crossbreed running. It's cool that he puts his head down and runs like a rhino too. That was automatic. I think it looks more like that thanks to the scarf.

Here's an example of the MASSIVE NPC spawn in the game. This kind of pedestrian traffic is pretty common, yet it doesn't seem to affect the frame rate. Also, most of the random enemy spawns on the street are mugging pedestrians or making drug/weapons deals with other thugs.

Here's a close up of his face. Raaarr!

I'll post some pictures later of other heroes I took snapshots of while running around. One hero I saw I didn't get a snapshot of but he was great. He looked like Captain America but had bug eyes and antennae and called himself USAphid. :)
Monster
Site Admin

Return to City of Heroes