First Day impressions

Super secret underground base!

First Day impressions

Postby Wynn on Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:04 am

So it took me an hour of frustrating clicking just to get logged in. They had serious login server issues with all the preorders attempting to connect at launch time. I suspect this could be an issue whenever they restart their servers. Hopefully they iron out that issue.

Once I got in, the game was flawless. No lag, no camping, no griefers, no problem. Once during my 12 hour stint, the mapserver dropped us, but I was able to reconnect instantly.

I made it to level 10 blaster. I also created a couple play characters... a tanker and a controller. The controller looks fun. I'll have to try out the other types too.

Anyway, for the simplicity of character progression, this game is quite fun. No equipment or stats or skills, but you do get the choose new powers as you advance. The costume creation is a fun game in and of itself. :)
Wynn

Postby Wynn on Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:06 am

Last night before I left, I stopped by Atlas Park city hall to sell some enhancements. There were about 20 players standing there, all dressed the same, reading newpapers. Their names were Operative Red, Operative Blue, Operative Orange, Operative Teal, Operative Crimson, etc. Then there was one guy standing in front of them saying, "Move along.. Nothing to see here.. the Operatives have it under control".

That's hilarious.. pretty good coordination. I took a couple screenshots, but it doesn't include their names or chat in the shots. I'll post em when I get home.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:55 am

Heh heh. That's great.

I had one problem last night. The game crashed for the first time in probably 2 weeks. It was right after making a character named "Pimpbot 5000". I got in the tutorial, saw two female characters standing there, then said "I AM HIRING". Then I crashed like 2 seconds after that. Weird, huh?

You guys should make robot hookers named Hobot #3A4F, Hobot #4E63, etc. We'll be a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude.

If you do, make sure you pick the skirt with slit sides and the long boots. You need a uniform. :)
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:02 pm

Hobot. hahah. And yeah, stilletto heels are a must. I'll make one tonight.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:16 pm

Ok. Here's Pimpbot 5000, and a Hobot prototype:

Image Image

I chose horrible colors for the hobot because it's more authentic. I think the skirt is required (as well as the tube top), which unfortunately means you can't pick a robot skin for the legs (like Pimpbot's), so I made the chest less robotic as well to match. Quick tip: to choose a robot face that has hair, choose the Mask with Hair option.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:13 pm

Also we should only play the Pimpbot and hobots together so they are always the same level.
Monster
Site Admin

Operatives

Postby Wynn on Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:13 pm

Here are the Operatives I told you about.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:28 pm

I saw an operative agent today. He had a white name, which means he was probably an NPC (I think)?
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:47 pm

I made Hobot 30CC.
I forgot to take a front shot so I'll do it tomorrow, or something. However, here she is selling what she does best. I forgot she was suppose to be a robot (dur) I'll fix that I unless you guys let me pretend he eye is robotic (eye patch).

There she is spanking, sucking, and reaching deep.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:18 am

Haha. Yeah, she needs to be a robot (hobot, robot...). Funny pictures though.

Also, don't get too creative with the costume. I doubt they even make red camouflage hooker boots.

Wynn's hobot is a great example to work from.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:13 am

I've seen PCs with white names. I think it might happen if they've been discod or afk or something.
Wynn

Return to City of Heroes