5 day free trial until 31st

Super secret underground base!

Postby Wynn on Mon May 30, 2005 9:29 am

Got a screenshot of him?
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon May 30, 2005 9:56 am

ImageImage

I have one where he was in the costume lineup, but it's from behind; I thought I took one from the front but I guess not. Keep in mind he's as small as you can get... he is small enough to run between the legs of taller superheroes. :)

If you want to see all the CoH images I've uploaded, you can see them here.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Tue May 31, 2005 9:37 am

I was going to take screenshots of all my characters this morning, but they already disabled our accounts. I though the 31st was still on, but guess not.
Wynn

Postby DarkViruz on Tue May 31, 2005 10:18 am

That's retarded I was gonna play tonight....
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:26 am

Those guys are idiots. In the email they sent us it said to email them at a certain address if you have technical problems, so I emailed them when I was having that error (before I figured out what it was), and they emailed back saying they only supported valid accounts. DERRRRRP!
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:13 am

Yeah this free day trial was a big fat joke.
Nice job on Darth Yoda by the way.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:04 am

Embrace the dark side you must, or die you will.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:14 pm

So I did two things during the trial.

I signed in my Ice/Empathy controller who had her pet power (Jack Frost) and slowly plowed my way through a mission. It was boring, but that character really is better in a group. Jack Frost is nice to have around, and with Hasten I could have two of him up for a little while. But he doesnt do that much damage either.

I signed in my original Fire/Fire blaster. One thing I always needed to do was respec because I didn't have Stamina and had silly powers like Maneuvers (as a blaster). And Fly. So I respeced to a sensible Fire/Fire build with super speed and stamina, bought up all new enhancements for my slots, and finally she pwned pretty hard. I did one mission and tore through it.

In both cases I was less than satisfied in my accomplishments. At the end of the mission I didn't really gain anything. I had some influence but I already had an unspendable amount of influence. I earned some xp, but what more is there to look forward to? I already had my core power sets, so a level is fairly meaningless.

I think I just confirmed my previous conclusion that it is a fun game, but lacks longevity.

In loving memory of...
Tempress - Fire / Fire Blaster
Selena Snow - Ice / Empathy Controller
Sami - Spines / Invulnerability Scrapper
Knoxx - Force Field / Radiation Defender
Bronx - Fire / Fire Tanker
Particle Lad - Radiation / Radiation Defender
Wynn

Postby Monster on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:03 am

True, I could only see getting something out of it if you perhaps roleplay extensively. Let's face it... the best part of the whole game is designing your character.

However, when CoV comes out, it may be a whole different story, depending on how the PVP is implemented. You could treat the game less as a watered-down MMORPG and more as a powered-up FPS or action game.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:09 am

They sent an email asking if we enjoyed it resubscribe or to send an email to support if you have any trouble.

I sent them an email saying how I did enjoy it now but still preferred the idea of CoV. In a long email I bassically said I was willing to resign for CoH if they let me into the beta as they are offering for those who have been with the game for 12 months. I'll complain and moan, taking a page out of all the customers at blockbuster, and see if it works out.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:08 am

Neat, they actually replied (several days later) saying that exact options for how to get into beta have not been announced, but that they would suggest this option to the devs.

the option being resubscribe to CoH to get into the CoV beta.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:44 pm

That would be a great idea for them to do.
Monster
Site Admin

Previous

Return to City of Heroes