After a week of Playing....

I thought "The Matrix" was already online. In any case, we have hax0r3d teh NDA and created this secret board. Now you too can be like Trinity! UPDATE: Teh NDA has b33n l1ft3d! Not that anyone cares.

After a week of Playing....

Postby DarkViruz on Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:23 pm

Well, after a week of playing I think we need to sum this game up:

The Matrix Online Beta is:

City of Heroes
+ load times when walking into buildings and area
- Not enough costume seperation a lot of people look what I expect them to look like.
-Lagging and rubberbanding

In conclusion, potential...but this thing is WAYS away from a January release...
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:08 am

So it's like City of Heroes but with a much more limited theme and nowhere near the costume customization? Why would anyone want to play this, barring the license itself?
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:31 am

First off the combat looks way way way cooler. Way. Even in its very limited stage. The abilities also seem cooler. (but they aren't all that different - hyper sprint hyper jump etc)
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Wynn on Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:41 am

So really you mean the abilities are identical. And while the animations in Matrix are impressive, the core gameplay is the same old same old, and in every other respect it is inferior to a game that has been out already for 6 months. Hmm, where do I sign up?
Wynn

Postby DarkViruz on Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:13 pm

Well hey now, I'm sure City of Heroes was just as bad or worse in closed beta too. I mean with 3 days before launch the lag problem was still in City of Heroes. Plus you have to load each time you enter a building or area.

There are NO load times after the initial load.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Wynn on Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:49 pm

Eliminating load times is good. That's a relatively minor part of the game though. Dungeon Siege has minimal load times, but it's still an average game.

Tell me about the phat lewt you can get. Tell me about the variety of missions you can do. Tell me how nicely the UI is laid out. Tell me about the choices you have for building up your character when you gain a level. Tell me if you dream about the game when you go to sleep at night. Tell me something other than load times!
Wynn

Postby DarkViruz on Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:45 pm

Wynn wrote:Eliminating load times is good. That's a relatively minor part of the game though. Dungeon Siege has minimal load times, but it's still an average game.

Tell me about the phat lewt you can get. Tell me about the variety of missions you can do. Tell me how nicely the UI is laid out. Tell me about the choices you have for building up your character when you gain a level. Tell me if you dream about the game when you go to sleep at night. Tell me something other than load times!

Lewt, well money is known as information in the matrix world, the more information you have the more phat lewt you can attain. I've been getting several pills in the matrix world that grant abilities such as better hyper jump for a short time to allow you to jump from one roof to another.

The ability choosing/building character up is much cooler. You have a certain amount of memory and each (or maybe most) abilities (which in essence are programs) take up one memory slot. So you load the programs before you jack into the matrix. Before you can be some psycho kungfu karate guy you need certain skills in the awakended catagory. Once you get those programs you can load more advanced ones such operative programs then soldier programs finally being able to master in your type of martial arts program. I'm currently mastering Aikado or something a defensive form. As you level you gain more memory which allows you load out more programs. If you have enough information you can buy programs (or attain them because you're so smart omg) and you can level up (upgrade the programs OMG LEVEL 64 AKADO MARTIAL ARTS ASS KICKING). So yea its a fun and neat system. I'm glad you asked me about it. most of the time to be able to load an advanced program you need minimum requirements of other programs to be loaded in that way you're not abusing your memory slots to be an ultimate Hacker, Kung Fu, Martials arts, Coder person. Rather you will end up being specific to one area. I'm currently aiming to master the defensive/counteractive combat of martial arts as i mentioned known as Aikado (i feel that im typoing that)

I'll try to get a few screenshots of the program tree tomorrow or whenever i have time.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:43 am

You ARE typoing that. It's "Aikido".
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:34 pm

So what can you do if you're a total tool? I mean, like.. retarded. Are there special abilities for downs children?
Wynn

Return to The Matrix... ONLINE