I quit!

Combat evolved, refined, then perfected.

I quit!

Postby Wynn on Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:35 pm

Monnnster killed me!

No seriously, don't ever go into options and set your handicap to maximum. :)
Wynn

Postby Monster on Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:17 pm

What? You actually had a handicap set? Is that why I could kill you in two shots with a banshee?
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:18 pm

Oh, BTW, sorry I wasn't on at all yesterday. Man, I'm already addicted to WoW. I played it all day yesterday (had the day off... federal holiday).
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:24 pm

Yeah I did that just to fsck around.

Hey it's cool. Play what you think is most fun at the moment. I played some multiplayer with another friend yesterday. Yeah, that's right. I've moved on. I don't need you!
Wynn

Postby Monster on Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:11 pm

I can't stand how long I have to wait for a game to show up on Halo 2. It makes it unplayable for me unless I'm in a party with a custom game. There's no excuse for like five minutes between games, especially when a game doesn't usually last five minutes.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:42 pm

I agree. I've seen threads on this, but nobody has given an explanation. Those wait times definitely ruin an otherwise impressive online experience.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/

This shows there are 61,000+ people playing H2 right now. In the last 24 hours, 350,000 unique players played 830,000 games. That's a lot. I wonder if it's overloading their matchmaking servers?
Wynn

Postby Wynn on Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:09 pm

http://bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=1044114

Over the past few days, a number of players have been experiencing a few unexpected issues with Halo 2. The Bungie test team has been working to resolve and/or minimize these issues where possible. Here are the 3 most popular problems people are encountering along with the current status:

• Halo 2 480p - HUD is clipped on either side of the screen
    The test team is working on a potential fix for this problem and we hope to have more informaiton very soon. You can help us out by sharing your specs for your television in the post pinned in this forum.
  • Unusually long wait times while attemping to join a matchmade game
    This is also is being worked on and a potential fix is going through additional testing.
  • "Dirty Disc" / "Failed to Load Map" errors
    The core of this problem lies with bad or faulty DVD drives. In most cases, if you reset your box, there's a chance the map will load properly next time. While we can't create a fix that will alleviate what is ultimately a hardware related problem, we can hopefully make it so you won't have to reboot upon a map failure before you play another game. This issue is being investigated.

We wanted everyone to know that these issues have been heard and identified and we are working to find the best possible solutions as quickly as possible. As soon as we have additional information, I'll update this post.

We are also still evaluating our existing playlists and gametypes within each playlists based on activity so far and all the feedback we've been receiving. We will have some initial adjustments soon.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:33 pm

That's good news.
Monster
Site Admin

Return to Halo Series