Achievements

Combat evolved, refined, then perfected.

Achievements

Postby Monster on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:27 pm

I see that I don't have the Headshot Honcho achievement yet. According to GameFAQs, you need to get 10 headshots in campaign or ranked. I've gotten way more than 10 headshots. I probably got 10 headshots just trying out that party skull last night.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:15 pm

I just read that you can get the "Used Car Salesman" achievement (which unlocks the Scout head) by shooting a turret off of one of the big ships that always show up to shoot at you. Maybe it can be shot off the first one that shows up in the first mission (if those are the same kind of ship).
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:33 pm

Check out this armor. Sometimes his armor doesn't show up and you see a Halo 3 symbol instead, but it should show up again eventually. Try reloading the page if so.

It's the Hayabusa armor, which you supposedly get by getting all the skulls (6 and 9 gets shoulders and chest, 13 gets the helmet) but 1 skull has not been found by non-Bungie employees yet, amazingly enough.

BTW, I get an error when I try to link to Bungie pages, so I have to use TinyURL to link to them instead.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:36 pm

I played the first level for points. I picked Heroic (one below Legendary) and enabled 3 skulls:
1.5x Tough Luck ( All of your enemies will dive with incredible success away from your grenades, plasma pistol bolts, needles and vehicle splatter attempts.)
1.5x Thunderstorm (Each enemy receives a field promotion and is upgraded to their next available level.)
2.0x Mythic (Every enemy on the field now has double their normal amount of health.)

I ended up with I think 17,000 points even with many deaths and with the Arbiter stealing some high point kills. Seems pretty reasonable.

I think 1.5x Catch (Enemy units will throw grenades at an alarming rate - Roger Clemens-style) might be a fairly safe skull to enable as well.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:31 pm

I don't know, it would suck to get stuck by a grunt every few seconds.

So you enabled all those and still only got 17K? Ouch.

When I first read "I ended up with I think 17,000 points even with many deaths" I thought it said "with as many deaths". Heh.

I hope you're on tonight. I was playing with Kelek and his son last night, it was awesome. We ended up playing my new game type called Metal Slug and it was way more fun than matchmaking, even with only 3 people.

In Metal Slug you have infinite ammo, regenerating grenades, spawn with random weapons, get a bonus point for splatter kills and for sprees, and there's a custom powerup that grants 3x speed and half gravity. Of course, to get the full effect of the gametype, it needs customized maps, so I started working on them. I plan on making a custom Metal Slug map for every one. I completed Valhalla last night and I had one dollar left after completion. It's filled with power weapons and unusual weapons (no assault rifles, BR or magnums). The map is littered with vehicles, since Metal Slug rewards vehicle driving. I also put lifts in the middle to make it easier to drive up onto the sniper hill (and to make driving even more fun). Can you believe that you can vehicles on every map? You can have ghosts and mongooses on narrows. That's going to be insane with a few well placed grav lifts. :)

I also made a custom gametype called Modern Combat which is based on CoD 4 style play. It will also require custom maps, but basically you spawn with an assault rifle and a magnum, and the only weapons available will be the shotgun, the sniper rifle, the battle rifle, and possibly the rocket launcher (to emulate RPG/grenade launcher). There are no shields, and weapons do 75% damage, so with an assault rifle a player will go down in a few hits, and a headshot from a BR is insta-kill. This is pretty close to the combat in CoD4. Also, the player speed is 150% to emulate sprinting and the gravity is doubled for more realism.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:59 pm

I read someone else saying they did it on co-op Normal, with 6 out of the 9 skulls turned on, and both players got enough points to get the achievement. Normal would be easier, and isn't that much different points-wise than Heroic.

I might be on a bit later tonight. I have another obligation to take care of first.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Hmm, sounds good. We should try it!
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:34 am

FYI- I'm going to be relatively busy until next Monday. I'm helping to run an event over the weekend, and there are a lot of planning meetings this week.
Wynn

Return to Halo Series