Who's playing WoW?

Talk about things like elves and gnomes. (It's cooler than it sounds.)

Postby Hado on Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:43 pm

You can start a guild without 9 people, just hang around Stormwind or Ironforge, get a bunch of newbies to sign the charter, then kick em. Hehe.
Hado

Postby Monster on Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:11 pm

So what you're saying, DV, is that since more of us are playing you feel no need to join us. Instead, you'll join them instaed of joining us and teaming up with them. Still makes no sense.

I've seen no justification for abandoning NNN and joining PFB yet, short of you wanting to make a name for yourself with PFB for some reason. I already said I have no problem with our guild joining with their guild, an alliance of some sort.

And Hado, if the name doesn't matter, why don't you see if PFB will drop their name and join NNN? See what they think about that. I'm guessing they wouldn't even consider the idea. Face it, you guys are abandoning NNN to join PFB, there's no justification.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Shoruk3n on Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:38 pm

Well, I'm sticking with NNN, simply because the main reason I've been frequenting the board all these years is to find a game to play with "the guys". It's cool with me if you guys want to head a different direction clan-wise, but I'm staying with our group. One thing playing Lineage 2 has taught me is that community is everything. My enjoyment in gaming comes mostly from a good community of players...playing a mmorpg with a bunch of "idiots" isn't my idea of fun. Anyhow, we should still all play on the same server.
OMFG WoW!
Xfire username = Shoruk3n
Shoruk3n

Postby Quickshot14 on Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:02 pm

Cool man. I thought Roy said you thought it was going to suck. You should make him play too. He would probably make a character for every crafting skill.

I didn't really say that I really don't high exceptatins for any level up mmos. As there only 1 (besides WoW now) that I don't mind playing, that be AO. I wouldn't pay for it regardless I don't pay for lvl up mmos up roys doing that anywayz so he is playing where going to be using the same acc so don't expect us to be on at the same time:)

BTW I hope your arn't expecting for me to be on a pvp server, you know my opinon on that. *i don't know if roy will be, thats hes progitive* i'll be on a PvE server in MNT not sure witch i'll let ya know when we all get on.

As for every crafting skill, yup he said about 5 chars and it covers them all *lol* ya know roy :)
Admin/Webmaster Of Quickshot14's Domain

Quickshot14

Postby Monster on Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:10 pm

It's one thing to join a guild/clan in a game where no one else is playing. But in a game where almost everyone is playing, you're betraying NNN. Hado I can understand doing this, because apparently all he cares about is winning, even in a game that has NO RANKING SYSTEM:

[The guild we're abandoning NNN for] only really care[s] about winning and getting things done.

Though I have no doubt we could give PFB a run for their money. But Xanath and DV? What are you guys thinking? Especially DV, who specifically admitted this is betrayal before we even started talking about it.

I've already refuted your bullshit justifications:

What's the point of doing the whole NNN guild alliance thing when your schedule permits you to put in only an hour or so with us per night?

I play 5-6 hours per night.

We'll always be NNN at heart...

If you were NNN at heart you'd be NNN with us in the game. What you really mean by this is "We'll always be NNN in the past...". You guys don't seem to understand that by joining another guild/clan in a game where NNN is playing then you are in effect leaving NNN. You don't want to play with us because you think we aren't competitive for some backasswards dumbass reason.

Posting here was mainly an invitation for you to join us.

Why would I join another clan when I've had this one here for FIVE YEARS?

...some who have actually been playing together for years and are willing to put in the commitment + effort to be the best, just like we used to in Nox.

Yeah, in the last game we played together, Nox, we were the best. I have just as much time now to play WoW as I did to play Nox, if not more so. Why do you think that we wouldn't put in commitment to be the best? How did you arrive at this conclusion? Because none of us joined in on the 2 day GW preview? You're just making this shit up.

The truth is, we've already been playing together for a while...

No, the truth is, you've been playing with US for a while. You've been playing with them for two weeks.

...so whats the point in having 9 NNN people play when only 6 of us can hook up together?

So there's only 5 PFB members total? After you join? Does this mean there are only two PFB members at the moment? This is the lamest excuse I've ever heard. It makes zero sense.

When WoW Open beta came out they were on top of it and since no one from NNN was playing we got together with them as well.

Well now almost everyone is playing. Not an excuse.

Figured it'd be another one of those games where maybe 1 guy from NNN would join us, and at that point we might as well all play with PFB.

You were wrong. BTW, there were already 3 NNN in the game (YOU GUYS). If 1 other NNN was playing there would be 4. You guys obviously don't give a shit about NNN since you are willing to bail even if there's 4 of you.

OMG DUDE WE ARE NEVER PLAYING WITH NNN KEKEKEKEKE THEY ARE LOWBIES!!!!#1111

I'll refute this with Hado's statement:

...some who have actually been playing together for years and are willing to put in the commitment + effort to be the best, just like we used to in Nox.

NEXT.

...given the fact that you can only party 6 at a given time I think its an excellent idea to think of PFB as an additional party thus allowing us to combine forces and giving us, potentially, 12 DEADLY ASS KICKING ALLIANCE GUYS WHO ARE ALL CO ORDINATED AND READY TO FEAST ON THE HORDE BABIES.

So in order for us to party with PFB, you guys have to join them? Ok. That makes perfect sense. /sarcasm

In essence, everything you said to try and justify this is just bullshit. You guys just don't want to be NNN anymore. So instead of coming up with bullshit excuses, just admit you don't want to be NNN anymore, and you can be on your way! Sure, you can still post on here and whatnot like Stix does, but you won't be considered NNN anymore since you aren't even willing to join us on a game where we all are playing. I don't know how this simple fact isn't registering with you (or maybe it is, and you don't want to admit it).
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:42 pm

And let me just clarify this a little more: I'm not kicking you out of NNN. You are actively choosing to leave NNN.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:45 pm

World of Warcraft is tearing us apart! It truly is the devil's work!
Wynn

Postby -Xanath- on Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:53 pm

Jebus.

I've refrained from speaking up here, this isn't a situation either side is going to "win the other over" on. We all have our feelings, and our feelings are our own for whatever reasons we've arrived to them. The bald and dead sexy Xanath behind the computer screen would so much rather be NNN for this, but the competitive geekoid Xanath that lives in WoW is already onboard with PfB. Between GW and open beta here, they've proven themselves in my eyes several times over - whilst I could sit here and blame the fact that I didn't even know we were planning to play this as NNN, that I haven't been as active on the forums as I could be, the fact of the matter is what's done and done and my decision has been made. However, nothing in life - much less a videogame - is set in stone.

I'm not going to sit here and argue back and forth, I do enough of that with life beyond the screen. I love you guys, doomit - I'm sorry things are working out this way, but the situation is what it is.

... with my CS: Source expedition falling apart, I'm left with a Ventrilo server that I pay for and shall retail sole ownership of. If you guys need a server for voice comms, I'd be happy to post the information and allow you free use. Hado, DV, and I will likely be divided between that and PfB's server.

-Xanath
-Xanath-

Postby Hado on Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:34 am

"Won't be considered NNN anymore".. Won't be considered NNN by who? You? Face it, NNN stopped being a clan 4 (5?) years ago when we stopped playing competiitively in Nox. We're a gaming discussion community.. we post stupid videos and make fun of shit/each other. Once every year or two we mess around in games together.

Who exactly is NNN anyway? We rarely/never hear anything from the original members (aside from Wynn, and occasionally Mfalcon). Of the people "left", who actually plays together regularly, or have done so in the past few years, and who brought them on?

"...almost everyone is playing, you're betraying NNN"

Wynn isn't playing, MFalcon isn't playing, Kemplar is like "Maybe I'll play with you guys depending on what type of server you finally decide on."

Rob says it's not a name thing and doesn't care what name we play under.

If we were to play under an NNN tag, that would make 5 of us. Not even enough to start a guild, as you said.

I'm already giving Rob the vent info so we can group together as soon as retail starts.

The only person who really cares about playing under the NNN name is *you*, Monster. Though you're still welcome to join up with us no matter what.

PS. You can tell ranking with the /who command. Not to mention the PVP ratings/rewards that will be in retail.
Hado

Postby Monster on Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:02 am

Rob was actually not too pleased with this bullshit either. He said he was disappointed, that it was natural to assume that everyone from the forum was going to play together. You guys won't be playing with us, you'll be playing with your pretty little bunny clan. We don't need you to play with us for a few hours "on weekends", thanks.

The only person who really cares about playing under the NNN name is *you*, Monster.

Yeah, I realize that now. Maybe it's because I'm the guy who always makes the pages, puts up the forums, and dishes out the money for a page every month. I've put a lot of work into this clan for almost 5 years now.

No one has even bothered to use the NNN tag even in games where a good amount of us played, such as JKO. You apparently never cared about NNN, we just happened to be the up-and-coming clan at the time so you decided to join us. Now PFB is the up-and-coming clan (in your eyes) and you're joining them. Whatever. For someone who supposedly doesn't care much about names you sure are taking the initiative and dropping our asses for another group you'd rather play with.

But wait a minute... if we stopped being a clan back at Nox, then what was "#Rennnegade" all about? You recruited Xanath and DV under NNN. So I guess the fact is that NNN just stopped being a clan whenever YOU decided we were no longer a clan. That's pretty convenient!
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:56 pm

Wait wait.

Weren't you the one who wanted to abandon the NNN name in City of Heroes when I created it and go with some sissy name calling us Nameless Ones?
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:03 pm

I wanted it to sound more like a superhero group. WoW is a "sillier" game where No Need for a Name will fit in just fine. If we were playing in a more serious fantasy game, No Need for a Name would sound kinda weird. In any case, we would have all been in the same guild, which was the important thing.

There's nothing wrong with altering your guild/clan name to match the atmosphere of a game.

Besides, I had a second reason for choosing that. I don't remember why though.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Hado on Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:43 pm

If *any* of us had still thought of NNN as a clan, and not a gaming community, we would have "left" years ago, along with everyone else who disappeared when Nox died.

I introduced Rob, DV and Xanath because I knew they were cool/smart/funny/interesting people and would fit in perfectly to our threads and activities. People who would stick around even after we stopped the playing the game we met in at the time. I do NOT introduce people to NNN because we're some exclusive uber leet clan that will dominate every game we play over all of time. People whom I play with and don't think would fit in/stick around over the years, even if they're the best players in the game, I don't even bother mentioning the website to.

We'll all still be playing together, helping each other out.

And if you're really on for more than just a couple hours every couple of days, and if you really want to be competitive like you say, then I'll make SURE we're all grouped together, even if I do miss out on high level raids or instances.. You have to be on though.
Hado

Postby Monster on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:27 pm

Oh, if I REALLY am on, you'll do me a favor by gracing me with your presence?

1) I played nearly every day for 5-6 hours during open beta. You just didn't see it because you were more interested in coordinating with PFB than with us, therefore we were on different servers.
2) You won't be grouping with us anyway because most likely we're going to a PVE server.

So anyway, thanks for the half-assed offer to "let" us play with you.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:30 pm

Well if you're goin to a PvE server, then we could have skipped all the bitching and moaning no?
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft