Who's playing WoW?

Talk about things like elves and gnomes. (It's cooler than it sounds.)

Postby Kemplar on Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:38 am

I'm playing this game for sure. I played in the open beta and it seems pretty fun. Looks like a game thats finally going to replace DAoC, for me atleast. So far I think im going with a Dwarf Hunter. I played a rouge, paladin, warlock and finally the hunter. The hunter was the most fun for me. I was a Dwarf gun using Hunter with Mining and Engineering. It was quite fun. Maybe I'll play with you guys depending on what type of server you finally decide on.
Kemplar

Postby Hado on Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:24 am

To be honest I don't want to join a guild with a couple asshats in it, especially if it's a small guild. I can stand one asshat because just one is easy to ignore, but two out of 5 to 8 is a bit rough. I'd be liable not to bother with voicechat if someone is screaming at me "OH MY GOD, WHY DIDN'T YOU HEAL ME!" Especially when it's their fault for running straight into a zerg of 50 horde after I tell them I'm out of mana. Did something similar to that once on DAoC and vowed never to play with those types of people again. And my playing time on Nox showed me it's possible to be hardcore without asshats in a clan.

Hahahahah, it's funny.. because one of the more recent players that decided to tag along for WoW quit because he was criticised for exactly that.

*shrug* I can overlook some of them being idiots because they're good at what they do and work so well as a team. They know how to come up with strats and adapt to the situation on the fly, with efficiency. Many of them have pro gaming backgrounds, and I feel we can learn a lot from each other.

I look for players who want to improve and take it to the top with me, I can speak for Xanath (and DV?) as well when I say that..does it really matter what guild name we play under in game, so as long as we still have the same people on board?

As for Gank squads, there's a reason why we're picking Alliance.. heh.. this is how combat usually looks like from our end:

http://www.pfb-clan.com/files/zerg.wmv

gg 5vsHorde
Hado

Postby Monster on Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:19 am

I look for players who want to improve and take it to the top with me, I can speak for Xanath (and DV?) as well when I say that..does it really matter what guild name we play under in game, so as long as we still have the same people on board?

Yes, yes it does. WTF is the point of having a guild if the name doesn't matter? Of course it matters. Also, are you saying we suck and don't want to "improve"? That's pretty much a bullshit thing to say. I can't play 24 hours a fucking day, I have a job. That's the main reason you and Xanath levelled faster than me. That, and I didn't see the point in powerlevelling a character in a two week beta.

If the name doesn't matter, then why don't you join our guild and just play with them whenever they're on? We can make an alliance or something. An alliance of guilds would be better known than a single one anyway. There's going to be a million guilds with no ladder.

Kemplar, you need to give me your new phone number.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Stix on Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:26 am

The Barrens aren't the best example of what the Horde can do, especially for open beta. A lot of the people in open beta there were getting their first PvP experience in. I can't remember how many times I chuckled at the guy screaming over LocalDefense in all caps. Sometimes you get good players there, but often times you don't. People in their 30's are often too busy in other zones to care.

I'm not going to disagree that some good gank guilds aren't friends so much as they are players who want to ride to the top. DAoC Merlin has some good examples of these types of guilds; Memento Mori in Midgard, Rainbow Reloaded in Albion and L337 in Hibernia all come to mind, though I only assume Rainbow Reloaded and L337 have lots of asshats based on their forum posts, since I'm in Midgard. Memento Mori I have firsthand experience with, however. While they have some cool people in the guild, they also have a lot of complete morons who have annoyed me to no end. I would never, ever want to join them simply to be at the top of the RP's per week column.

Yet there are also a couple good gank guilds in Midgard that are mostly cool. I like most of the people in Prophets of Apocalypse, for instance. And if you're willing to put in the effort, you can GM a good, thightknit gank guild sans idiots. All you have to do is boot the asshats and fill their spots with good players looking for a good gank guild.
Last edited by Stix on Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stix

Postby Stix on Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:29 am

Monster wrote:If the name doesn't matter, then why don't you join our guild and just play with them whenever they're on? We can make an alliance or something. An alliance of guilds would be better known than a single one anyway. There's going to be a million guilds with no ladder.

Yeah, I was going to suggest this. It's easy to set up a channel for this purpose, or at least it was before DV had problems with slash commands. Just invite all the well-known folks to it and start getting organized. Pretty simple.
Stix

Postby Hado on Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:23 am

Monster , monster monster... you know we're all fond of this gaming community, and will continue to be a part of it for years to come.

We'll always be NNN at heart and you're more than welcome to join us in Vent or group in-game with us whenever your work schedule permits.

Posting here was mainly an invitation for you to join us. There are other established groups out there as well, some who have actually been playing together for years and are willing to put in the commitment + effort to be the best, just like we used to in Nox. We all have work/school and our own lives to deal with.. some of the guys in PFB are married and have weird ass schedules in the army but still find the time to compete.

The truth is, we've already been playing together for a while, both in GW and WoW and I can guarantee that we will be spending almost all our time playing together with PFB. What's the point of doing the whole NNN guild alliance thing when your schedule permits you to put in only an hour or so with us per night?
Hado

Postby DarkViruz on Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:18 am

*Damage Control Incoming!*

EDIT: actually its only 5 people per party, which make my point even stronger.

Guys, guys, guys. First off partying only allows a total of 6 people, so whats the point in having 9 NNN people play when only 6 of us can hook up together? In theory we're still NNN at heart but we're giving you guys a chance to group together at the same time while we'll group with others.

In addition, to be fair, me xanath and hado have played Renegade together, GW, and WoW. CoH with Monster and Wynn and NWN with Monster hado and xanath (i think). And Rob (renengade and some others i think) and stix being around there as well. How were we supposed to known 'everyone' from NNN was going to play. We met these guys in Guild Wars, which mind you is a 3d Nox, and we enjoyed owning every arena with them. When WoW Open beta came out they were on top of it and since no one from NNN was playing we got together with them as well. Me, Xanath and Hado. Figured it'd be another one of those games where maybe 1 guy from NNN would join us, and at that point we might as well all play with PFB.

However, clearly this is not the case. Either way its not like we're going
OMG DUDE WE ARE NEVER PLAYING WITH NNN KEKEKEKEKE THEY ARE LOWBIES!!!!#1111. Not at all, but given the fact that you can only party 6 at a given time I think its an excellent idea to think of PFB as an additional party thus allowing us to combine forces and giving us, potentially, 12 DEADLY ASS KICKING ALLIANCE GUYS WHO ARE ALL CO ORDINATED AND READY TO FEAST ON THE HORDE BABIES.

If you ask me, that would be absolutely awesome.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Stix on Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:19 am

I don't think this would have been as much of a problem had you mentioned it sooner. I'm definitely making a character on the server to play with you guys, unless plans change, but I'm not joining PfB.
Stix

Postby DarkViruz on Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:53 am

That's fine no reason to join PfB, but surely you guys will play with us right? In hopes of taking down those evil Horde right?

EDIT: the only reason (i think) hado was saying you could join us was for the reason that we have a ventrilo server. So it'd be nice to co-ordinate attacks together and crap.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:36 pm

None of the reasons you posted explain why it's a good idea to join PFB. BTW, I DO NOT play an hour a night, I played about 5-6 hours every night during open beta. I didn't even get a chance to play Halo 2 while the beta was out. It was just not on the server you guys were playing on because you didn't even tell me what server you were on until about 3 days BEFORE BETA ENDED.

Ok, so you joined PFB during less than two weeks of open beta, because, by admission, you didn't think other NNN were playing. Never mind that you knew for sure 3 of us were playing (being YOU three). Of course, you'd have to be blind to have missed my chat post: "YEAJH IT IS UP I JUST GOTS MAH ACCOUNT!". Do you think this translated to "I got signed up, but am not going to play"? Well guess what, every NNN (but Wynn, ahem) is going to play now. There's no doubt about it. Even days ago you knew the majority of us were playing. Yet you're still siding with PFB. Is it a matter of loyalty, what with playing for them a whole 2 weeks?

...given the fact that you can only party 6 at a given time I think its an excellent idea to think of PFB as an additional party thus allowing us to combine forces and giving us, potentially, 12 DEADLY ASS KICKING ALLIANCE GUYS WHO ARE ALL CO ORDINATED AND READY TO FEAST ON THE HORDE BABIES.

Great. Join NNN and consider PFB another party. Just like I said earlier, we can make an alliance of guilds. BTW, you do know it requires nine people to even start a guild, right? Five or six people aren't going to be able to create a guild. Your party argument makes no sense.

Guess what? I joined another guild during beta too because I didn't know where the fuck you guys were for most of it. We have a message board for a reason. It is not my fault you guys don't communicate. I did. However, I'm not going to re-join that guild during final. I wouldn't join it even if people bowed before them as they walked by. I WOULDN'T DO IT.

And if you guys also plan on joining PFB during GW, count me out. I probably won't be playing. I can't tolerate you joining another clan during what you call "3D Nox". We were the best clan in Nox. If GW is the next Nox, we should be the best in that too.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:53 pm

And MFalcon. I'm done trying to do damage control, it just doesnt seem like a huge deal to me, perhaps I simply don't understand.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:18 pm

Yeah, I guess you don't. It doesn't make sense to me to join another guild when 6 official members are playing, more than any other game besides Nox. We also have more people who will be playing and can join us, like Kemplar, Quickshot, Kelek's brother, etc (and of course Stix, though he won't be "joining" NNN). Why do you want to join another guild so much?

Besides, by your own admission, you called this betrayal.

I think we're all unofficially just grouping with each other because no one wants to dish out cash to create what would have been us betraying NNN and joining up with the GW guys. Although really since I'm so far behind in levels all I've been doing is soloing until I catch up.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:58 pm

At the time of my above quote Monster, you were the only person planning to start playing WoW.

DarkViruz wrote: Figured it'd be another one of those games where maybe 1 guy from NNN would join us(hado xan and myself), and at that point we might as well all play with PFB.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:43 pm

So at the time, when you thought it would only be me playing, then you would be willing to be in NNN. But since more than just me will be playing, you'll join PFB instead? I don't follow your train wreck of logic there.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:07 pm

Inverse what you just said. If jsut you had join we would have needed to team together with another group and PfB would have been the best choice, obviously.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft