Jabus' Trials and Tribualtions

Talk about things like elves and gnomes. (It's cooler than it sounds.)

Jabus' Trials and Tribualtions

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:58 pm

I sat there in class, nearly falling asleep, thinking whether to skip it or not. Pro I wouldn't have to do a test and I could go look for WoW.
Con I wouldn't have to do a test and less time to find WoW.

So after class I head over to Wal-Mart. The first store on my hit list. I walk in and I ask the greeter

"Where is the electronics section?"
"What what what is where?" the greeter replied in his half broken indian english accent.
"The electronics section, games, movies."
"What is oh there"
*points vaugely in a direction that seemed to indicate right*
I walked on, head held high, hoping there was a way. I enter the electronics area. Old mother on the cash, a bunch of single indian female csr's who wont know what the hell a computer game is. I scan the game area first pretending to look for it. As she walked nearby I asked
"Excuse me could you please help me"
"yes"
"I was looking for a game called world of warcraft"
"Oh it is over there"
*vaugely points in the direction of the games*
"Yes I took a look and did not see it, I heard it was suppose to be out today is it possible that it is in the back?"
"Nope!" she exclaimed in her broken spanish english accent.
"Nope! all games out der are der and only der no games in back! Nope no!"

This defeat would not stop me. I enter the EBGames in the same mall and ask them. They give me a direct hell no reply but I was expecting it (after all they know when it comes out)

I chugged onwards towards a FutureShop (equivelent to best buy here in canada even though we have both) I find a black (african american? or is someone gonna bitch) female and decide to ask her hoping she had not been informed. She was. I was told to come in tomorrow.

BUT I WOULD NOT BE DENIED. I move onwards to the business depot beside. They tell me they will check. They have not recieved a shipment but perhaps I should try Futureshop or EBGames. I explain that I have. So they tell me perhaps best buy accross the street. I agree with this response and march out.

I stood there in front of the grand Best Buy sign. The wind was angry that day my friends, like a human getting cut off by an old asian driver. I trudged forward not knowing what to expect as I had never before been in a Best Buy. I approached the door.

"Woosh!"
The door automatically opened. Startled, I moved forward.
I approached the next door
"...."
Apparently it was a manual opening door which begs the question why have 1 automatic and one manual? I swung the door open and moved inside.

I catch eye of a european looking gentleman who doesn't seem like he'd be game-savvy. I ask
"Do you guys have world of warcraft for PC?"
"Yes, yes i believe I saw it it should be in the games area"
*and he points exactly where I am to go*
While I look through the games (fully well knowing its not gonna be on the shelf) He sees my sadness and tells me if I cannot find it to go to the computer desk area they would help me.

At this point I realise I'm screwed, of course the computer people are going to know.

Then I turned around and the computer desk had 2 females. HOPE!
I swiftly move over to that area asking the first female for World of Warcraft.

They ask
"you mean World War II?"
My hopes rise!
"No no World of Warcraft"
"Let me check"
*tapping of keys on a keyboard*
"Yes we do let me go grab one"
She marches off into the back!
She comes back! Empty handed...
"Sorry they are all preordered and so we're sold out"

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo SO CLOSE!@$!@#$!@#%$$#$!^#$^!!^@#$!#$^
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:20 pm

Why are you trying to get it today? The official release is tomorrow. It's not like you could play it tonight anyway.

BTW, you can't be "African-American" if you are a resident of Canada. So yeah, we're not allowed to call black people black (even though they don't seem to mind), we have to call them "African-American/Canadian/Brazillian/French/Japanese". Because, you know, if you are black you are immediately African even if your ancestors haven't seen Africa in 300 years.

Speaking of, what do they call people in Africa who aren't black? Because I doubt black Africans are called "African-African". What about a white guy that lives in South Africa? Is he a European-South African? Or is he just a "white guy"? (Something tells me they care less about political correctness in South Africa).
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:25 pm

Servers open at 12:00pst and 3:00est from what I've learned. I'm trying to get a massive jump because I have no school or work tomorrow.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Hado on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:58 pm

Hahaha.. I think I got exactly the same indian guy you did, except I called.

He must've been fed up with all those people asking him whether they had World of warcraft, cus he hung up.
Hado

Postby Stix on Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:13 pm

12AM or 12PM?

Damn classes. Can't afford to miss them, either. I have a test on Wednesday, anyway. :?
Stix

Return to World of Warcraft