HOORAY! I GOTSES ITS

Talk about things like elves and gnomes. (It's cooler than it sounds.)

HOORAY! I GOTSES ITS

Postby Monster on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:52 am

Got the collector's edition. I was going to preorder the CE a week or two ago at Gamestop, but they stopped being able to take peorders (for the CE). So I call the one near my work yesterday and ask if they have any CE, they said they had 1 or 2 they could sell on a first-come, first-serve basis. So I show up when they open and they say they actually don't. Typical Gamestop service.

So I go to Circuit City across the street, I simply ask if they have WoW CE... the dude starts going off about EQ2 VS WoW, and the merits of each, then says they sold the only CE they had, then continues to go on. Then at the end he urges me to research the two to find out which one I would like. I don't know how he translated "Do you have the WoW CE in" to "I'm not sure which game I would like to play, WoW or EQ2. Could you help me decide?".

So finally I go to Target. They didn't even have WoW out, but some really helpful guy went in the back to see if they had it. Booyah, one CE! Pretty pathetic (for the other stores) that I had to go to Target to get the CE, but hey, whatever works!

I have to say, the CE is really impressive. The soundtrack is packed... 72 minutes packed (72 minutes is the max amount you can fit on a 650 MB CD). I'm listening to it right now. :) The art book is amazing. It's quality, and big. I wasn't expecting it to be so big. Usually the "art" books that come with CE's suck, are small and not very impressive (*cough*SWG*cough*). Haven't unrolled the cloth map yet.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Kemplar on Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:33 pm

Thats damn funny. I got mine at target to after trying 3 other places.
Kemplar

Postby Stix on Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:50 pm

I have it, but I don't have a credit or debit card. I was counting on game cards being available right away, but that didn't happen. So I have to wait a few hours so I can borrow a CC. Eh. The last thing I need is a credit card or debit card when I have no money beyond the few bucks I can scrounge up here and then to spend on games and social things, heh.

I need a job. =|

I wanted to change my order to the CE at Gamestop. So they recounted the games to make sure they were still all sold out (preorder-wise) and found they were even a few short. LOL. No luck. Regular is just fine with me. Hopefully Blizzard will sell the soundtrack and artbook separately in a month or two.
Stix

Return to World of Warcraft