New WoW patch info

Talk about things like elves and gnomes. (It's cooler than it sounds.)

New WoW patch info

Postby Monster on Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:12 pm

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

It might sound strange, but the fact they are adding chat bubbles makes me want to come back into the game. :)
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:29 pm

I was just about to post that link.
Chat bubbles remind me of City of Heroes. A lot of people hate em, but you'll have the option to turn them on or off.
The multiple button bars are the biggest thing. I could easily play without cosmos if I had that one feature.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:04 pm

I love chat bubbles. Maybe it's because the first MMORPG I played was UO (didn't have bubbles, but did have floating text), but I think it's also because it's more immersive for me to see who is saying what graphically. I've never liked the EQ type interface. MMORPG's are not MUDs.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:26 pm

The argument against it that I heard was that it's too cartoony. It makes sense in a comic book style theme, but a fantasy theme? On the other hand, I think WoW has cartoony graphics already.

Personally I'll use the chat bubbles, but I dont care that much about em.
Wynn

Postby Stix on Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:57 am

I'm wondering how effective the mage armor will be. If it allows 100% mana regen while casting, mages will own the field.

Warrior rage issues are only half-fixed if the only changes being made are to blocks/parries/dodges.

Druids are generally seen as healers, so cat form improvements will only be useful for PvP.

Priest change will be nice. Won't necessarily need a priest in the MT and/or MA's group.

Meeting stones are great. I have a hard time finding a 5-man group for LBRS, so this will make it easier.

I'm glad that BG's will be open to testing on an external test realm. Their current policy of only testing content internally has proven flawed, though Maraudon wasn't all that buggy, I must admit. It will give people a chance to prepare themselves on their main servers, at least.

I do hope Blizzard starts breaking down their content patches into smaller ones. Having no new content for several months is kind of annoying.
Stix

Return to World of Warcraft