Aggravation

Talk about things like elves and gnomes. (It's cooler than it sounds.)

Postby Monster on Tue May 17, 2005 5:52 am

I agree, Shoruk3n. Not only that, but lag is really bad anywhere you are. The server I'm playing on right now has lag spikes all the time that last sometimes minutes at a time. It doesn't matter where I am, as an entire zone (maybe the entire server) is always affected at once. Also, I ran into a retarded bug where I tried to rez over my body, and then it told me "2 minutes until resurrection" with the "Accept" button grayed out and two mobs were attacking me! I got screenshots of it. It wouldn't let me quit or logout or anything, but eventually (after a few minutes) I was able to exit. When I logged back in, I was alive but had almost no health or mana left.

Oh and thanks for editing the "toon", Wynn. That was very considerate. :D
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Stix on Tue May 17, 2005 4:05 pm

Shoruk3n wrote:Anyone who has participated in PvP in Hillsbrad will tell you that the loading needs optimization in more than just IF. Even with a gig of ram, I get a solid 5-10 seconds of absolute 0 fps while loading on a first encounter. To me, that is totally unacceptable regardless of what stage of development your game is in.

Yeah, the lag in Hillsbrad is unacceptable. Hopefully the live servers will load as well as the test server does now, when the patch goes live, so it doesn't happen anymore.

That said, I still can't stop myself from wanting to get more HKs....

Honor system really messed up that zone. You shouldn't let the allure of HK's draw you into that hellhole of a zerg.

I did finish all of my quests there (except two high level ones that I need to go back to work on around level 40), but it was a pain turning them into TM every time. You'd think Southshore and TM would be fortified by now. BG's should thin out the zerg there, though, luckily.
Stix

Postby Wynn on Tue May 17, 2005 4:52 pm

The quests there arent that great anyway. I think I've skipped most of em with all my characters.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Fri May 20, 2005 5:58 am

To just add to this list, I have to mention that in addition to the last rez issue I brought up, twice since then have I tried to rez by pressing the rez button and then nothing happens. I try to logout, it will count down and then nothing happens. Twice in the last two days WoW has REFUSED to quit in any way, leaving me no choice but to power down my computer manually. It takes over my computer. I still have a cursor (the WoW cursor) but I can't exit the damn program! I can't even get a task window to show up. Nice how you can alt-tab when the game is running but once you tell it to close, you can't. I've never seen a game take more resources to freakin' CLOSE than OPEN. Not many things are as annoying as having to wait 5 minutes to exit a stupid ass game when you're an hour-and-a-half late going to bed.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Kemplar on Fri May 20, 2005 12:58 pm

That same shit happens to me. I usually just hit the exit game option then turn off my monitor and go to bed. Next day when I turn my monitor back on the game is there frozen. This happens more times then it actually closing correctly.
Kemplar

Postby Monster on Fri May 20, 2005 1:24 pm

I don't remember it doing this before. I wonder if they broke something in one of the patches.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Fri May 20, 2005 1:49 pm

I have not seen this issue.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon May 23, 2005 6:27 am

I close WoW by alt-tabbing then ending the task now. I don't even bother quitting.
Monster
Site Admin

I'm an idiot spammer! HUHDEERRR

Postby Snegurka on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:21 pm

[Indecipherable spam deleted]

For some reason, this forum was set to allow anyone to post. I corrected the permissions. - Monster
Snegurka

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:20 pm

I found your products both enlightening and excellent.
Please tell me more.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft