Wow again

Talk about things like elves and gnomes. (It's cooler than it sounds.)

Wow again

Postby Monster on Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:57 am

So, I've been playing WoW for a couple weeks now and I'm loving it. The reason? Number one, I've been playing a warlock and it's definitely my favorite class. Secondly, a couple of friends play at the same time I do, so we've all stayed the same level and there's usually someone to play with whenever I'm on. This is key for WoW... I would have probably quit again already if I had to solo or just group with strangers all the time. Third, PVP servers are just better. It's more exciting and fun for me. Oh yeah, and BG's are a great addition to the game, though I prefer world PVP.

I'm up to level 34 as of last night. Can't wait until 40!

I'm on Azshara in case anyone wants to know. PVP servers FTW!
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:14 pm

While I hear warlocks have improved since I played tem last year. Warlock were always fun because they were overpowered in lower levels. If nothing has change you should start wondering why you pick warlock around lvl 48. And then deleting the game around lvl 60.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Shoruk3n on Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:36 pm

I still play from time to time. I have a 60 warlock and 60 mage on Crushridge, you should head over here Monster, I'll start a new character and we can level together.
OMFG WoW!
Xfire username = Shoruk3n
Shoruk3n

Postby Stix on Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:12 am

DarkViruz wrote:While I hear warlocks have improved since I played tem last year. Warlock were always fun because they were overpowered in lower levels. If nothing has change you should start wondering why you pick warlock around lvl 48. And then deleting the game around lvl 60.

Nothing wrong with locks.

Anyway, I still play on Proudmoore--which is probably not your cup of tea, if you prefer a lot of world PvP. My guild does run world PvP, just not a huge amount (once a week or so). Our main focus is MC, Onyxia and BWL (and AQ40, now that it's open, but we see BWL as more important, atm). When we're not doing that, there's a sizeable group of us that PvP during our free time.

AFAIK, Wynn still plays, but he switched over to Dragonblight with his guild.

I suppose, if you ever get into raiding, you'll find that PvE is actually a lot more interesting than it appears to be while levelling up, as well. The addition of BWL, ZG and, now, AQ20 and AQ40 has shown how versatile encounters can be with the mechanics of the game. Otherwise, enjoy the world PvP and BG's. They can be quite fun. =)
Stix

Postby Monster on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:52 am

Actually, good Warlocks become way more powerful in later levels than early ones... as far as PVP goes, anyway.

I don't really want to switch realms. As I said, I got a couple of friends on this server who play with me every night and our characters all stay the same level (plus we use Ventrilo). I'd only switch to another server if it was PVP, I was going to play Horde, and they came with me. It's actually something we considered last week because Kemplar was getting fed up being pwned by Horde in the BG all the time, but then Alliance finally pulled their head out of their ass and started learning to play. Gee, you mean if we stick together we are harder to kill? Derp!
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:53 am

Yep I'm playing on Dragonblight. I'm in the top guild on the server, and we're making good progress in AQ40 (5 bosses down so far). We already clear BWL in a few hours.

I have 5 level 60 characters, and 2 level 50+ cause I like playing different classes. Warlocks are interesting but I didn't really like mine. I can't remember how I got him to level 60. :) My favorite at the moment is a feral druid, simply because they are very efficient soloers.

I definitely agree with Monster that having a regular group to play with is crucial. If I wasn't in this guild I would have been done with the game long ago. I'm not into PVP but I'm loving the high end raid dungeons.
Wynn

Postby Shoruk3n on Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:31 pm

Bummer, I was hoping to get some WoW going with you guys again. I'm much more into the PvP aspect of the game, but I do raid MC about once a week. AQ isn't even open yet on my server. Atm I have a rank 11 mage that is my main focus, and a feral druid I just started that is alot of fun. Omen of Clarity ftw!
OMFG WoW!
Shoruk3n

Postby Stix on Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:41 pm

Wynn wrote:Yep I'm playing on Dragonblight. I'm in the top guild on the server, and we're making good progress in AQ40 (5 bosses down so far). We already clear BWL in a few hours.

I have 5 level 60 characters, and 2 level 50+ cause I like playing different classes. Warlocks are interesting but I didn't really like mine. I can't remember how I got him to level 60. :) My favorite at the moment is a feral druid, simply because they are very efficient soloers.

I definitely agree with Monster that having a regular group to play with is crucial. If I wasn't in this guild I would have been done with the game long ago. I'm not into PVP but I'm loving the high end raid dungeons.

I wish you guys would have stayed on Proudmoore. =S

Grats on the first 5 AQ bosses, btw. I wasn't even aware the gates had opened on DB. I'd imagine you guys would have done most of the work, yeah? And did you end up farming the mobs outside the gates or did you enter AQ as soon as you triggered the event? We ended up farming 40K+ rep off the mobs outside (I think at least 10 people hit neutral and about 15 of us hit hostile/unfriendly).
Stix

Postby Wynn on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:28 am

Yes my guild did most of the work in collecting mats for the AQ gates. We sponsored a collection competition, where we gave away boe epics and all-you-can-loot Molten Core runs as prizes for people who turned in the most stuff.

The gates finally opened on Monday 2/13 for us. We had originally planned to stay outside and farm reputation, but the server was crashing over and over because of the huge mass of players outside. So we ran into AQ instance and downed 4 bosses that night. The instance resets on Tuesdays, so we killed the same 4 again on Tuesday. :) We added a new boss kill Wednesday. Last night we beat our head on a new encounter, which is really quite difficult. We're trying to figure out a workable strategy. I think we all died about 15 times.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:34 am

Are you Horde or Alliance, Shoruk3n?
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Shoruk3n on Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:37 pm

Alliance. I originally rolled horde, but a RL buddy of mine wanted to be a paladin, so I re-rolled.
OMFG WoW!
Shoruk3n

Postby Stix on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:10 am

Wynn wrote:The gates finally opened on Monday 2/13 for us. We had originally planned to stay outside and farm reputation, but the server was crashing over and over because of the huge mass of players outside. So we ran into AQ instance and downed 4 bosses that night. The instance resets on Tuesdays, so we killed the same 4 again on Tuesday. :) We added a new boss kill Wednesday. Last night we beat our head on a new encounter, which is really quite difficult. We're trying to figure out a workable strategy. I think we all died about 15 times.

Heh, we had the same problem. The server crashed seven times, but it started to stabilize about an hour after the gates opened (because Ruined and Grandeur went into AQ40 and about five other guilds decided to run AQ20). We went around testing the amount of rep from various spawnpoints and eventually discovered that the mobs right at the gate entrance offered the most reputation. They were technical enough to be enjoyable, as well. If we didn't have to share these mobs with a horde group, we would have been farming about 3500 rep every 20 minutes. Instead, we had to settle for about 2000. Heh.

Which encounter are you guys stuck on?
Stix

Postby Wynn on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:31 am

The twin emperors.
Wynn

Return to World of Warcraft