Underwhelmed

Talk about things like elves and gnomes. (It's cooler than it sounds.)

Underwhelmed

Postby Monster on Wed May 10, 2006 1:12 pm

The new Alliance race was finally announced: the Draenei? Huh?

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/draen ... ance-race/

Yawntastic. Why did it take them so long to break this amazing news? Both of the new races make me say "so what?".
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Wed May 10, 2006 1:53 pm

I don't care about new races very much. I mean, I already have several established characters. I'm more interested in the new content that comes with the expansion.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Thu May 11, 2006 5:53 am

Sure. I don't really see the point of new races... the only thing they'll be bringing to the table is a couple of new racial abilities, and some flavor.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Thu May 11, 2006 10:01 am

A lot of people really eat up new races. An expansion without new races would upset tons of people. It doesn't seem that hard to add them, so why not? They also need to continue to attract new players or bring back people who quit. Returning players are more likely to select the new races for a change of scenery and pace.

I might actually make a Draenei Hunter, since I've never played a hunter. On another server I have some horde characters, so I'll probably make a Blood Elf something. I might not put much time into them, but I'll check it out to see what it's like.

More interestingly there are many new instances coming out in the expansion, primarily for level 60-70. That's what I'm excited about.
Wynn

Postby Stix on Thu May 11, 2006 1:46 pm

It took them so long because they had to have multiple things to announce at e3.
Stix

Postby DarkViruz on Thu May 11, 2006 8:45 pm

like a movie that will attract wow fanboys and yet fail at the box office anyway.

Sorry, I'm still bitter about this game.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Return to World of Warcraft