Burning Crusade

Talk about things like elves and gnomes. (It's cooler than it sounds.)

Burning Crusade

Postby Monster on Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:45 pm

Is anyone getting The Burning Crusade?
Monster
Site Admin

Postby -Xanath- on Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:26 pm

:roll: :lol:
-Xanath-

Postby DarkViruz on Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:28 pm

I'd say something but I'm pretty sure everyone knows how I feel about WoW by now.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Shoruk3n on Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:54 pm

Ya, I picked it up today at EB games. No preorder, just walked in and grabbed.

1-60 was the best part of the game for me, hopefully 60-70 will be more of the same.
OMFG WoW!
Xfire username = Shoruk3n
Shoruk3n

Postby Monster on Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:05 am

I kinda miss WoW and was thinking of picking this up, but I know I'll only end up playing for a month or so again.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:08 am

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/17/28-ho ... -level-70/

Some (virtual) winner hit level 70 in 28 hours. A perfect picture complements the article.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:55 am

I quit playing last month and sold my account for $1200.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:15 am

Nice. Maybe I should level to 60 so I can make some cash too.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:00 pm

Except the level cap is 70 now in the expansion, and it it'll take you twice as long to get there :)
My account sold for that much because I had heaps of epics from the highest raid dungeons in the game.
Wynn

Postby Kemplar on Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:26 am

Wynn wrote:Except the level cap is 70 now in the expansion, and it it'll take you twice as long to get there :)
My account sold for that much because I had heaps of epics from the highest raid dungeons in the game.

Which by the way are pretty much useless now? Level 61 greens make some epics look like vendor trash from what I've seen in the auction house. Good thing you were able to sell it before the expansion came out as you might not have gotten as much. The only problem with the new items is they look like level 5 ass in my opinion, though a few items I’ve seen look really cool. I made a Blood Elf hunter and rogue levels 21 and 16 currently on the Bloodscalp server (old horde server). I think they did a good job with the new races. I really like both the female and male models for both factions. I unfortunately will be playing this game for awhile as my piece of shit computer wont be able to handle anything new that’s coming out.
Kemplar

Postby Monster on Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:03 am

Maybe I'll pick it up then and reactivate my account. How are the new features like gem socketing, and the new lands?
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Kemplar on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:16 pm

I'll try to answers your questions but I don't have that much exp with Outland and have really only done the Blood Elf starting zones. The sockets appear to be on the new higher level gear so don’t expect to see that on any lowbie stuff. I don't know for a fact if lower level stuff has sockets but so far I haven't seen any.

The Blood Elf starting zone is very nice, doesn't look very "Horde" at all. I have yet to play the Draenei zone so I can't comment on that. Once you hit around level 20-22 and leave the new zones its back to the same old zones till you get to 58 and can go to Outland. As with most expansions this content is for the higher levels to advance so Blizzard doesn't lose their business. Not much is given to the lower levels, which may make prefect sense since they already have a bunch of content for those levels. I would like to see company's adding stuff to the whole game instead of just the high level content. Yeah I play alts as do most people so giving us something new in those levels would be refreshing and make the grind more enjoyable.

They added jewelcrafting a new profession to the game. I personally haven't tried it buy my brother picked it up and has been making us rings and necklaces. Previously you couldn’t get lower level jewelry. Jewelcrafters can make rings/necklaces with level 10 requirements.

If you do restart and want to play Horde, roll on Bloodscalp. I know you used to have a shaman on this server at one point. There's currently myself one of my cousins and two of my brothers playing here so you would have people to group with. I still have the vent server up so we use that. Send me a PM if you need the IP again, it may have changed since we last played.

*Edited for grammar
Kemplar

Postby Wynn on Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:17 pm

Kemplar wrote:Which by the way are pretty much useless now? Level 61 greens make some epics look like vendor trash from what I've seen in the auction house. Good thing you were able to sell it before the expansion came out as you might not have gotten as much.
Exactly. That's why I cashed out when I did.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:41 pm

Picked it up yesterday and I now have a level 7 or 8 blood elf warlock on Bloodscalp named Daemonik (dee-mō-neek). Waiting on that vent IP, the old one I have saved isn't working.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Stix on Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:50 pm

I picked it up. Hit 70 three and a half days after I got it (granted, on very little sleep).

For the most part, most pieces of t3 won't be replaced until the latter stages of Karazhan (when t4 starts dropping). So while the reports of level 61 greens replacing some epics is very true (particularly with ZG, RAQ and t1 epics), most raiders won't replace their gear until the late 60's or the beginnings of the 70 end-game.

I was in beta, so I already have a lot of experience with the expansion. To describe some of it:

There's still reputation grinds, but they don't take nearly as long and the rewards they offer don't require stupid shit like insignias to obtain. Once you hit a certain level of reputation, you can just buy the rewards with gold. Most of the reputations can also be ground in instances.

All of the new 5-man instances have two versions: a normal version, and a heroic version. Some instances are built for characters that are below 70, when on normal mode. On heroic mode, these instances change in difficulty and loot to be suited for level 70 characters. Dungeons that are built for level 70's on normal become more difficult and also have better gear when put on heroic mode. All dungeons on heroic mode drop tokens which can be used to purchase some epic items.

The zone design in the expansion is a lot more clean than it was in the original game. Objectives for various quests tend to be clustered together, instead of spread out across the zone. Some of the quests are also more interesting.

Top-level raiding is now built around 25 characters, instead of 40. And mid-level raiding is now built around 10 characters, instead of 20. This makes raiding a little more accessible, but has destroyed many guilds that were built around raiding with 40 people.

Blizzard has implented a new type of PvP: arenas. Arenas can be 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5. You're also able to set up arena teams (for 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5). You can be in both a 2v2 and 3v3 team, but you cannot be in two 2v2 teams. An arena team can have twice the number of people required for the match on its roster (i.e., a 5v5 team can have 10 people rostered). Each arena team gets its own channel (like a guild channel). For rated games, you must only play with people from the teams you're on (i.e., you must play rated games of 5v5 with people from your 5v5 arena team). Rated games can change your team's rating in the same manner that a game of chess can change a chess player's rating. At the end of each week, arena teams will obtain a certain amount of "arena points" based on their rating at the end of that week (a team must play 10 games in a week to receive those points, however). There are also seasons, in which top ranked teams will receive various rewards at the end (one of which is an epic flying mount). At the end of a season, ratings are reset. Seasons will last several weeks.... As a note, you can play non-rated arena games with anyone (no teams required). Also, arena games can be AvA, HvH or AvH.

As far as the new races go, there's not much to it. Draenei priests get fear ward, so I imagine the Horde will complain about that quite a lot (justifiably). The starting zones for both new races are great. The first blood elf zone looks like nothing else in the game, with bright yellows and reds. The second blood elf zone is in sharp contrast to it (being plagued and all). I would say it looks similar to the plaguelands, but it has striking difference. The first draenei zone, meanwhile, looks more like Darkshore (except more blue-green in color). The way its structure is a lot better, however, and there's actually an interesting line of quests in both of their zones.
Stix

Next

Return to World of Warcraft