PS3 cuts begin

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

PS3 cuts begin

Postby Wynn on Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:49 am

Sony has started cutting features from their hideous frankenstein of a console. Cant wait to see what's next on the chopping block!

PS3 as a router - CUT
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=10033

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/ps3-se ... 115266.php
Memory cards - CUT
PS1 & PS2 peripherals - CUT
Games can use harddrives - CUT
Last edited by Wynn on Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:49 am

It's nice how they have all these functions and ports and crap while the only thing the console really needs is a hard drive. Making the hard drive optional is a joke as no one will buy it or support it.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:47 am

More cuts. edited my original post
Wynn

Postby Monster on Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:47 pm

Son of a bitch! My work just implemented Websense about 5 minutes ago and already I've been to two blocked sites (gamefaqs, kotaku). Yeah, it makes perfect "sense" to just block everything on the web. That really makes me love my job.

Luckily they don't block RDP so I can just view the pages at home, from work. Losers.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:53 pm

Ok, so I read it. No memory cards? Does this mean the HD will come standard now?

"Some games will allow you to choose lower resolution in favor of smoother gameplay". Here's an idea. Design games so they work smoothly in the FIRST PLACE! I don't want to have to start configuring games on my consoles. I do way too much of that on the PC.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:59 pm

I agree. However, those are just rumors at this point, but they do ring true.

"Does this mean the HD will come standard now?" - no, of course not. And games can't access the HD anyway. I wonder if that means they'll have an internal-only mechanism for saving games? I'm kinda confused really.
Wynn

Postby DarkViruz on Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:10 pm

Perhaps sony will try something new and not have games that require saving, thus killing off a good portion of the population when they realised they've died again.

Or betters yet to make more money $$$$$ they'll force users to connect a PSP to save onto that. Hah suckers im ahead of the game I own a 350$ 32mb Memory card! Owned!
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:18 am

Maybe you're onto something... after all, a Memory Stick is not technically a "memory card", so maybe they'll require one (sans the PSP of course). That would be much better than a memory card anyway, especially if they are gracious enough to include a 32 MB one. You should never have to run out of space on a memory card. There's no excuse for that anymore.

Speaking of the PSP, I'm glad they didn't make it crappy silver like the PS3. Then it would look all cheap like the DS. What's up with all the silver on the new consoles? Looks like total crap.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:07 pm

It's all about preference. I'm a huge fan of silver. My sister hates it and prefers oak/wood styles (ala car interior/radios) you get my point. I think the silver makes it look a lot sexier then the ugly black consoles.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Stix on Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:49 am

DarkViruz wrote:It's all about preference. I'm a huge fan of silver. My sister hates it and prefers oak/wood styles (ala car interior/radios) you get my point. I think the silver makes it look a lot sexier then the ugly black consoles.

Whereas I like black. Heh.
Stix

Postby Monster on Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:05 am

Wood is currently more popular than silver, believe it or not. While I wouldn't really want to have another wood-panelled console (remember the 2600?), I wouldn't want a silver one either. Silver looks too cheap. Now if it was actual metal instead of just spray painted plastic, that would look great.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:56 am

Monster wrote:Wood is currently more popular than silver, believe it or not. While I wouldn't really want to have another wood-panelled console (remember the 2600?), I wouldn't want a silver one either. Silver looks too cheap. Now if it was actual metal instead of just spray painted plastic, that would look great.

I'll agree 100% on that.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Return to General Discussion