Holy crap! Can SWG actually be saved?

Discuss.

Holy crap! Can SWG actually be saved?

Postby Monster on Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:11 am

I'm very excited by this news:

http://www.warcry.com/scripts/columns/v ... colid=8348

The old SWG is being kicked to the curb. They are consolidating the classes from 35 down to 9, and are scrapping the current combat system altogether in favor of an action-based system! On top of that, you will be able to start as a Jedi!!! I guess this new system is going to be put into play on November 15. I just may reactivate my account if impressions are good.

On a side note, I'm glad the losers who still play that game are crying about this. They're the pussy whiners that ruined the game in the first place! I say let 'em quit.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:23 am

If I say lol will i get ridiculed?
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:54 pm

You mean you actually "say" lol? Like the guy in Pure Pwnage?
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Hado on Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:01 pm

I love player-skill based combat. I wonder if they'll be able to pull it off in an MMO.. it might be worth a try.

I hope they fixed the loot / endgame though. There was absolutely nothing to do and nothing to keep me coming back after I levelled to my master professions.
Hado

Postby DarkViruz on Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:57 pm

Monster wrote:You mean you actually "say" lol? Like the guy in Pure Pwnage?

Actually I never did watch pure pwnage but I do actually say L.O.L and B.R.B in real life to show off the lack of it.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Re: Holy crap! Can SWG actually be saved?

Postby Wynn on Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:04 pm

Monster wrote:Can SWG actually be saved?

Nope.
Wynn

Postby Monster on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:29 am

I don't know, check this out:

http://www.etoychest.org/index.php?opti ... 7&Itemid=1

LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment announced that on November 22, 2005, they will release Star Wars Galaxies: The Starter Kit, which represents a massive change in the online game. The Starter Kit features a simplified user interface and a fast-action combat system. In addtion, the game's first 30 levels have been completely redesigned so as to let players jump right in. The package will include content from both Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided and Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed, as well as new material created just for the game. It also includes an exclusive in-game personal X-wing or TIE fighter, and will come to retail for just $19.99, includding 30 days of free gameplay included. This sounds like it might make the game fun, which would be a nice change.

Sounds pretty damn sweet to me.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:10 pm

So I played the free trial which has you stuck on a space station running missions for Han Solo. As a side note, the voice acting for Han was freaking incredible. They couldn't have really gotten Harrison Ford to do the voice work, could they have? Anyway, the new system seemed pretty fun, but I wanted to go planetside, which requires you to activate your account. So I went ahead and paid the first month's fee just to find out that the game runs worse than ever. The framerate, even with the graphics turned all the way down, rendered the game unplayable. Of course, it doesn't help that they drop you into Tatooine, which had the worst framerate from what I remembered. I went out in the wilderness with my speeder that goes about 20 MPH and I must have hit the boundary where people are allowed to build houses, because a wall of buildings popped up and the game froze for 15-30 seconds. When it wasn't freezing I must have been getting less than 10 FPS even when I wasn't near any buildings. What a joke.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:05 pm

I've never seen player-built buildings in a good game. Granted my experience is limited...
Wynn

Postby Monster on Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:41 pm

UO was a great game with player built buildings, though every possible square inch was taken up eventually by buildings. The entire world was a giant city basically. It was still fun though.

I played again tonight and a guy invited me to join his city, then gave me a bunch of money, a house and a speeder (that only seems slightly faster than the one I already had). His city is way out in the wilderness on a less inhabited planet and not only was the frame rate much better, there were no other buildings around at all.

Unfortunately I have to wait until I'm level 36 (38?) before I get a lightsaber. I don't know how many days it will be to get to that level. Kinda silly that you get force lightning before you get a lightsaber.
Monster
Site Admin

Return to Star Wars Galaxies