Game Released

This game has everything! Darkness, light... everything!

Game Released

Postby DarkViruz on Wed May 31, 2006 9:24 pm

Thought this forum might as well move to the 'legacy' forums. What an abysmal game. It finally released yesterday, the release is what I would describe as a very...very...rough alpha. The ideas the game wants to implement are all there but the dev team is not and nothing will get implemented. This game was over way way long ago.

Also for anyone keeping score, I preordered this game (full 59.99), had it refunded 2 months into there 'prequal' to DnL and am still playing it at launch. This is just one example of how inactive that development team is. I have a 'free' account as I've yet to be deleted I am still considered a 'pioneer' with all the pioneer benefits. Perhaps the next step is for them to pay me to play.

btw. Maximum achievable framerate is 25. And someone running a dualcore 3ghz 1800x ATI was getting 4FPS in open land.

Moral of the story? Dark and Light sucks?
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:20 am

Heh, I must have missed this post before because I had no idea the game was out until I read this:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/14/farla ... -for-free/
Monster
Site Admin

Postby DarkViruz on Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:13 pm

Every press release they issue is such full of shit. Most of the DnL players knew this game was going to be shit around December. In fact that article is giving props to Farlan, where they shouldn't be. Most of the people who got refunds and cancelled way back when (97% of the community) is still getting chraged.

I still have an account that has access to the game regardless that I cancelled back in January or Feb I can't even remember.

The community forums which once had close to 1000 people online a tthe same time has dwindled to 3 registered users and 15 guests. With 22 moderators on. That's more than 1 mod per person on the forums.

There is nothing I can say that will tell the full story of the absolute disaster this game was. Going to mmorpg.com and reading the dark and light forums would be a start but even that is only half of it.

It's really sad they think they can fix something in 3 months when the game itself has been identical since November, not of 2005 but 2004. The company has continued to announce it will improve and blah and blah and blah. It's really so very awful.. Not to mention they're facing a lawsuit of the only good thing they hav ein the game which is use of a VWorl terrain software of a programmer who left the company after they refused to give credit to his program and jsut rebadged it under a different name.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Return to Dark and Light