Halo 3 is incredible

Combat evolved, refined, then perfected.

Halo 3 is incredible

Postby Monster on Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:19 am

First of all, it's the best multiplayer experience of any non-MMO ever. You can gather all your friends into a party and switch from custom games to co-op campaign to matchmaking to Forge any time you want. Me and Wynn must have spent about two hours in Forge working on a single map, then were able to move to custom game mode to try it out, then back and forth to tweak it just right.

We adjusted one of the maps so that explosive barrels shot out from each base every 10 seconds into piles of more explosive barrels, grenades and Mongooses, then made the hill capture points in either of those places, so you'd have to move out of the hill point every 10 seconds or be killed. Of course, we didn't start out aiming to do that, it just kinda happened along the way. :) It's a lot of fun to watch everything blow up sky high... it's really like a fireworks show.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:46 pm

Hehe, that was awesome fun. "King of Hell"

Somehow you or I left the party after one of those multiplayer games, because I was left as a solo searching for a match. I was hungry anyway, so I quit for the night to eat food and wind down.

I read that a couple people are working on a Halo Kart type custom game. Mongoose waypoint race where players and vehicles are indestructible. Teams of 2. One person cannot use weapons. The other has unlimited rockets. So you can imagine one driver and the other on the back of the mongoose shooting rockets and making the enemy mongooses (mongeese?) flip around. That sounds like fun too :)
Wynn

Postby Wynn on Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:49 pm

Also, I described the game and some people want to download it. If you think it's in a playable shape, can you put it on your file share?
Wynn

Postby Monster on Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Heh, cool (about both the race map and people wanting to play King of Hell). I'll try to remember to upload it tonight. I'd love to try King of Hell with a lot of players.

As for us getting separated, I'm not sure what happened. It seemed like Xbox Live stroked out. i was still connected and could see friends on my list, but I couldn't join any more games until I exited and unplugged my wireless bridge for a few seconds. Not sure if it was a connection problem on my end or what. Maybe it has to do with that NAT BS.

I'll probably be on Halo 3 tonight by no later than 7:30 Mountain.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Monster on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:20 pm

I uploaded King of Hell last night, BTW.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:46 pm

I passed along the info. Expect to get a few downloads from random Microsoft employees. One guy just said "Got it. I'll try it this weekend and post some feedback."
Wynn

Postby Monster on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:06 pm

Also, I checked my uploads on Bungie.net and it looks like it uploaded it twice, taking two slots. Each upload should be identical.

Also, the screenshot I took Tuesday is not showing up. Kind of annoying.
Monster
Site Admin

Return to Halo Series