So I'm Probably Gonna Buy Team Fortress 2

You like the talk? In here, you having the talk.

So I'm Probably Gonna Buy Team Fortress 2

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:43 pm

Anyone else interested/picking it up?
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Postby Monster on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:50 pm

I'm interested... but we'll see how into Halo 3 I still am by then. My guess is there won't be much room to play other things so close to release.
Monster
Site Admin

Definately picking it up..

Postby MFalcon on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:17 pm

Orange Box baby!! Both eps 1 and 2, plus TF 2, and Portal!

Now.. truthfully I've never been a huge fan of TF 2, but with eps 1 and 2 bundled I can't resist. Besides, dealing some death out on CS: Source might be fun for old times sake..

Btw, HOW THE HELL are you guys?

Yeap... *pats off the dust from his account* I'm still alive..
MFalcon

Postby Monster on Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:52 am

Holy schnitt, look who's back from the grave! What have you been up to?
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:24 pm

OMG HAI!
Wynn

Postby MFalcon on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:37 pm

Finished college back in '06 and landed a part-time gig with a local city gov doing mapping and working on engineering standards. Then earlier this year I got a full-time position with another local city doing the same work but this time on the mapping team. I pull my 40 hours a week and have 3 day weekends every week :D I can't complain.

Played a bit of World of Warlaugh for about a year, had a rogue and hit 60, got bored.. didn't raid.. got owned in the arenas.. got really bored. Then created a warlock and got to 50 before realized that the game just wasn't designed for the hard-core ass-raping butt pirate pker that I enjoy to be when I'm MMOing. *shrug*

So... then I moved back into single players with Gothic 3, played the World in Conflict Demo, LAN'd Command & Conquer: Generals over the summer about every weekend at my house, and now I'm eating it up on the Orange Box and CS: Source.

I've also been playing Magic the Gathering and I've roped in my bother-in-law and my other friend who has his girlfriend playing as well. Surprisingly happier with it now that I've actually got cash to throw at it and I can order what I want thru sites like Cardkingdom, MTGMint, Toad & Troll, ect.

I still miss the fun and excitement and easier gameplay of Nox and games like it. Long live the top down games or the side scrollers.. they were clunky at times, they are old in design... but by god they were fun!

How have you guys been?
MFalcon

Postby Monster on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:04 pm

Great! I have a 7 month old son now. I play too many games to mention them all (but mostly Halo 3 lately). I might get Orange Box though, and probably will get CoD 4: Modern Warfare when it comes out.

So you play M:TG huh? I still have around 20 decks.
Monster
Site Admin

Postby Wynn on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:46 pm

Don't let Monster fool you. He doesn't really have a son. It's really him crying through his headset when you kill him in Halo.
Wynn

Postby DarkViruz on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:02 pm

So I did finally buy this game. I played it really quickly 3 or 4 rounds and got some time in as a spy. It's a very creative game, it felt like I was just sort of randoming it (as you would in Tribes 2) but I'm sure once people know what they're doing in the game it could become more strategic. It's definetly enjoyable to launch and play and discover what been programmed. If someone kills you x times in a row, a sound chimes are tells you he's you're new nemesis. It freezes teh screen and zooms in to who killed you. It's all such good fun. Plus it's animated really sexily.
DarkViruz
Number 1 Slapnuts

Return to General Discussion